Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the gallery and the C3's end at 1982 and the C4's start at 1984...Wheres 1983? Did they skip a year or is it a typo? TIA

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
STuNnInTeE said:
I'm looking at the gallery and the C3's end at 1982 and the C4's start at 1984...Wheres 1983? Did they skip a year or is it a typo? TIA
1983 was to be the first year of the C4. The car was not ready for release, so they continued to work on it and made it a 1984. So, there was no 1983!

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
there is actually one production 1983 corvette...but it was given to the musuem and is on display there to the best of my knowledge

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
tufftoy said:
There were actually 47 1983 Vettes made. All but one were used in crash tests and other tests. The only one remaining is now at the Corvette Museum. None were sold to the public.
I think I just read that in Corvette Fever....

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
The '83 that is still around was supposed to be destroyed. The factory workers kept the car hidden around the plant, moving it constantly.

Our tour guide at the plant told our group the story, which is pretty damn cool! It takes a lot of work to keep a car hidden. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts