Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tell ya, the paint on my '96 GS was great. Nice and flat, little orange peel. And, the body panels were aligned very well... not bad for a C4.

Now, my '02 Z ... the paint quality is almost as good... but what is with the panel alignment? GEESH!

I think I'm going to re-adjust/align all the fender/hood/nose panels myself.

Who fit the panels at the factory for my car? Helen Keller? :laughing:

So, how are the panels fit/finish on other C4s?

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
the fit and finish on mine is great, even after 20 years..
paint quality could be better (age has caught up to it)

·
The Punisher
7,092 Posts
The fit is really good on my '86, but the paint I'll assume was terrible cause I had it repainted a few years back!:laughing:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Patrick said:
I tell ya, the paint on my '96 GS was great. Nice and flat, little orange peel. And, the body panels were aligned very well... not bad for a C4.

Now, my '02 Z ... the paint quality is almost as good... but what is with the panel alignment? GEESH!

I think I'm going to re-adjust/align all the fender/hood/nose panels myself.

Who fit the panels at the factory for my car? Helen Keller? :laughing:

So, how are the panels fit/finish on other C4s?

Keep in mind when as the last C4 was being built, the assembly line and painting area were completely tron down and redone for the C5.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Both my C4s were great on both paint and fit and finish. My C6 had some peel but I had it smoothed and polished. Fit on my C6 is great.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Malcom Konner vette

MK#27 said:
the fit and finish on mine is great, even after 20 years..
paint quality could be better (age has caught up to it)
You have a rare '86 M.K. ? I was just curious how many were made and any special options on it. I had a similar vette 2-tone, and someone said it was a MK but I don't think it was, not in Canada , ...maybe?:cheers:

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
GUMBY said:
You have a rare '86 M.K. ? I was just curious how many were made and any special options on it. I had a similar vette 2-tone, and someone said it was a MK but I don't think it was, not in Canada , ...maybe?:cheers:
50 MK's made only in '86 all recieved silver beige over black two tone w/ Z51 performance handlin package and performance rear end. 20 were manuals the rest were auto's. :thumbsup:

btw-my car is car # 27

·
Registered
15 Posts
Patrick

Of course they did! If you make only 1000 vehicles and charge accordingly, then you obviously must expect some extra degree of scrutiny. You should know as you claybarred the hell outa your paint job!

The only thing they missed was what Lingenfelter found. :D

Terry2
GS060

1 - 9 of 9 Posts