1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
War machine said:
Very interesting question!!

btw, love the fast reply option! Das coo
Like that? I just did they code about a half-hour ago. Glad it's working!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really like to read about Corvettes, and every once in a while I will come across a piece of information that sticks with me because of it's rarity. One such tid bit was in regard to the production of the 1000 GS Corvettes. I had read a while back (sorry, can't recall the source) that while the GS cars were in fact given their own serial #s, they were built right along side the Collector Editions, LT1/LT4 coupes, and LT1/LT4 convertibles.

·
Registered
990 Posts
:lookinup: :lookinup:

didn't know that

·
Registered
64 Posts
IF they did make them all at once....that would be one bad day to call in sick at the plant :partyon:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Grand Sport build dates

According to the Grand Sport Registry. they were not built consectively. It shows production dates of 4/3/95 for 0001 and 6/14/96 for 999. All of them in a row probably would have caused the assembly line workers to think they were seeing a giant blue and white moving exclamation point.:laughing:

·
Registered
990 Posts
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Re: Grand Sport build dates

GS583 said:
According to the Grand Sport Registry. they were not built consectively. It shows production dates of 4/3/95 for 0001 and 6/14/96 for 999. All of them in a row probably would have caused the assembly line workers to think they were seeing a giant blue and white moving exclamation point.:laughing:
Correct.. In fact I took a Plant tour that year (Jan 1996) and they were mixed among all the other vettes being built..

That was a cool tour too..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts