Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following drivers participated in Race 2 on May 4th 2003. They also got WET.

CC307
CC313
CC383
CC007
CC11
CC846
CC923
CC971
CC308
CC777
CC054

By the time the rain hit, we had only completed 1 round of eliminations. All of those who advanced to the 2nd round will have the opportunity to earn more points on October 19th as we complete the next 3 rounds around 12 or 1pm. This will happen BEFORE the Finals (race 7). Be sure to listen for instructions from the tower referring to Corvette Challenge RACE 2 Participants or look for me (I will have a red hat on). Points will be given and trophies will be presented to the winners of race 2. SEE YOU THERE on October 19th!

Also don’t forget the FINALS for the GREAT LAKES CORVETTE CHALLENGE will start immediately after! This will be an exciting day for corvette owners because the 2003 points race is totally up for grabs with OVER 20 drivers that have a mathematical chance of being crowned the points champion of the first official GREAT LAKES CORVETTE CHALLENGE Series!!!!!

COME OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN with your Corvette, even if you have not been to one of our races yet! It will be a great opportunity to meet other Corvette enthusiast in the area. Further details and discussion can be found at www.corvettechallenge.org. If you have questions you can email me at [email protected] .

RE: Bring your Corvette out for some Racing fun at Byron Dragway on Sunday October 19, 2003. So far we are expecting OVER 50 Corvettes from IL, WI and IN.
This event is designed to be a fun event to allow you to test your Corvette in a safe environment!
NEVER RACED at a ¼ mile track before????? No Problem!!!!!!! If you ever wondered what YOUR Corvette will do on the quarter mile, this will be the way to find out! Byron does a great job helping first timers. For those who have never drag raced on a real ¼ mile track before, there will be plenty Corvetteforum.com members and Corvette owners to help show the ropes. What better place to run your car for the first time then with a bunch of fellow Corvette owners!!!!!!

We will have our own Corvette Only staging lanes!
MOST of the Corvettes that attend this event are Stock and slightly modded-steet Cars.
We will do our own Great Lakes Corvette Challenge run-off with Trophy awards!!!!!
1) Bracket Race! A single elimination Bracket Style shootout -based on your posted dial in.
2) Best Reaction Time- based on time slips during the shoot out on a .500 light (excluding red lights).
3) Fastest Vette! Lowest ET based on ANY Corvette time-slip during the entire day.
The more Vettes we get the better! Please also pass this information on to any Vette owners that you think may be interested. You can spend the day racing just other Corvettes, and you can sneak into the Test & Tune lanes if you want to run some brand X cars.

**When you register, you will be given a special run card. Just identify your self as one of the Corvette Challenge participants. A number will be assigned to you unless you have already registered for a permanent number with the corvettechallenge.org. Cost to participate is $25. Racing information/announcements at Byron raceway is broadcast on 100.5 FM. Byron has a snack bar area with hotdogs, hamburgers chips, pop etc.

****I plan to get there early to get our group a good pit area. Bring a lawn chair if you want to sit. I will set up my blue canopy in the area directly West of the starting line so we have a good spot to watch the action (the same place we parked last year). The track opens at 9am. If you want to show up later that is cool too. If you want to try your Bracket racing skills, make sure you are there at 1:00 for the 1st round in the Corvette Challenge Staging Lane.

For further information check out http://www.corvettechallenge.org . This years racing results are also posted and discussed here. Email questions/comments to [email protected] and stay tuned for further info!
See you there!!!! Feel free to reply/post if your plan to attend.
Here is information on Byron (just south of Rockford, IL): http://www.byrondragway.com/
E-mail Address:
[email protected]
Mailing Address:
Byron Dragway
1924 23rd Ave.
Rockford, IL.
Phone Number:
815-234-8405 - Track
815-398-1060 - Office
Directions:
• From the North: I-90 to I-39 South - Exit on # 111. Enter Hwy. 72 West to Byron, IL. - (Approx. 13 miles) - through Davis Junction thru Stillman Valley - 4 miles to 4-way Stop Sign - Go Straight ahead 1 mile and Byron Dragway is located on your left hand side.
• From the South: I-39 North to Exit # 111. Enter hwy. 72 West to Byron, IL. - (Approx. 13 miles) - through Davis Junction thru Stillman Valley - 4 miles to 4-way Stop Sign - Go Straight ahead 1 mile and Byron Dragway is located on your left hand side.
• From the East: I-90 West - Last toll by Chrysler Plant in Belvidere Exit on to Hwy. 20 Freeport - 4th Exit is Hwy. 2 Dixon - 11 miles to Byron - First stop light turn left - Cross Bridge - End of bridge there is a 4-way stop sign - Turn Right - One mile and Byron Dragway is on your left hand side.
From the West: Enter Byron on Hwy. 72 & 2 on South End of Byron - Go thru Byron turn right at 2nd stop light on Hwy. 72 - Cross Bridge - 4-way stop sign - Turn Right- One mile and Byron Dragway is located on the left hand side.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I've done a lot of drinking since then, any chance you could refresh my memory as to whether I was eliminated or not?:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts