Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My winter project was to make a small cabinet for a few of my 1/18th diecast cars. It has LED lighting and the corvette lettering was off the rear bumper cover of my C5.I new those crappy acrylic letters would come in handy after they started falling off.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I like it:thumbsup: How much did it cost you if you don't mind me asking:huh:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The corvette sign is backlighted with leds and there are 2 leds that shine down on the cars.It didn't cost too much to make ,I work for a company that sells leds for the sign industry and sometimes I am able to obtain samples of lights and trnsformers. The mirrored cabinet I got dumpster diving and I just did some minor work to it and added the glass shelf.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
The corvette sign is backlighted with leds and there are 2 leds that shine down on the cars.It didn't cost too much to make ,I work for a company that sells leds for the sign industry and sometimes I am able to obtain samples of lights and trnsformers. The mirrored cabinet I got dumpster diving and I just did some minor work to it and added the glass shelf.
Let me guess:spanked: You live and work in Wisconsin and can get leds from your job:huh:
Could that place be EverBright:smack
I just quoted some plastic pieces for them:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me guess:spanked: You live and work in Wisconsin and can get leds from your job:huh:
Could that place be EverBright:smack
I just quoted some plastic pieces for them:thumbsup:
No, I work in Illinois

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Looks good! Simple yet classy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts