Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP guys, how do you compress the clutch pack springs to reassemble them. I took my diff apart to get broken circlip out and found 2! clutch pacsk are warped but i have to put it back together to get her mobile to get to new job hopefully. so im gunna do a clean reassemble and buy new packs/rebuild kit when im cashed up. just having trouble getting case together again,thought if i get springs back in it will help push packs apart to get spiders/washers in!!!
HOW DO YOU GET THE LITTLE SUCKERS IN!!!!!:lookinup:(springs/plates)

·
Supporting Vendor
3,776 Posts
I never use them,but you can compress them and use wire ties to hold them together or bolt c clamp and slide in the first 2 then use channel locks to compress the last 2. Some make up a fixture that will hold them compressed and drive them in.

I tune the posi to work without the springs and they do work regardless of what some may say.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tips GTR , after i posted thread i was directed to TOMS website:thumbsup:looks like his prices are the best around by far. I dont know how to go about getting stuff from over there but will endevor to do so from him for sure.
looks like i got a good unit to build so will have to get some cash together soon.:D PS wish i had spare cash now to just ship it to you but im broke and sick of it,so will try for a mine job up north me thinks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts