Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the diff fluid level , when I removed the fill plug, there was still pressure in the unit, the car had not been driven in 2 days.. is this normal,,,is there not a vent or relief valve....should i worry abou this??? I have no leaks from the unit.....at least I know its airtight....lol

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
good question.not sure.mine didn't make a noise,but maybe i just didn't notice(usually have my boom box on).but it seems if there was to much pressure in there,your seals would be leaking.thats the weakest spot.i will find out the answer,but not until tonight(which is mid-night for your area)......:smokin:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,, I have no wetness on the passenger side of the diff, or for that matter on the drivers side at the seals,, I have read this is a weak spot and if it hasnt leaked it will (on some cars) .. It does sem to have a little evidence of seepage sometime, it is dry now,,the car has 20,000 miles on it,,, at least the fluid was right up to the bottom of the fill hole....this is good, I like to stick my finger in and get it wet..lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts