Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm looking into buying a 01 or 02 z06 soon. I want to know the most important differences between the two years. I know 01 has 385 and 02+ is 405. Also what is a good price for one of these? Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
202 Posts
if your staying basically stock then definitely buy the 2002 ...

The cam was great right from the factory.

The 2002 had the HUD which is also cool.

2002 had a better exhaust manifold than the 2001 z as well. (no precats)

The brake pads on the 2002 were better too ...

I dig my 2001 but I have modified it quite a bit.

Even if you were going to mod the car I'd still suggest the 2002 ..

its really a better platform.

GOod luck

JB

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a 2001 Z06 and sold my wheels and lowered this guys 2002 Z06 and he let me test drive it after the wheel swap/lowering job. The only thing that I was jealous of was he had the heads up display. Damn, I wish I had that. But, looks, power, etc. all felt identical to mine to where I wouldn't be concerned with buying either.
Ive had mine for 3 years, which is a record for myself owning a car....old record was about a year and I still love it like the day I drove it home:partyon:

Steve

·
Registered
793 Posts
The differances are the cam, which is minor, Valves, I am pretty sure, and oil passages in the engine block, which is also minor. With those 2 years go with what has the less miles on it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So there really is almost no difference between the 01 and 02. Ive heard that the 02 handles better. Either one I get i know im going to do the basic mods like intake, exhaust, headers and not sure what else. Any feed back for some other basic mods and differences between the two years. (mechanical)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Definitely the 02, for some reason the 385 hp Z06's don't seem to hold there value as well which is stupid to me but what can I say?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts