Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for a Hurst "T" type aluminum shifter for my C3 - 700R4 Automatic transmission - Hurst doesn't make one, but maybe some one else makes one like it ... any help would be appreciated ... any body know of someplace to look or a name to track down?? "

Thanks

:buhbye:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,221 Posts
Don&Kelly said:
I'm looking for a Hurst "T" type aluminum shifter for my C3 - 700R4 Automatic transmission - Hurst doesn't make one, but maybe some one else makes one like it ... any help would be appreciated ... any body know of someplace to look or a name to track down?? "

Thanks

:buhbye:
I love the T-handles!! How big are the threads on your shifter? Certainly there must be an adapter you can use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,151 Posts
Jegs.com
Part #530-153-0026
T-Handle shifter with adapters
$20-$25
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Different shifter knob for my C3

Patrick96LT4 said:
I love the T-handles!! How big are the threads on your shifter? Certainly there must be an adapter you can use.
Patrick, the problem is not the threads size, it's that I'm trying to find one that works with a automatic tranny - it needs a button on it somewhere to shift gears.
Thanks for the reply
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JCswm said:
Jegs.com
Part #530-153-0026
T-Handle shifter with adapters
$20-$25
JC, thanks, but those are not for a automatic - I'm trying to find one that works with a automatic tranny - it needs a button on it somewhere to shift gears.
Thanks for trying to help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,151 Posts
Sorry, I didn't see that.... The kids gave me a BAD head cold. Anyway Why not replace the whole shifter....I've seen several for the 700R4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
JC:
I'd consider changing the whole shifter ... do you happen to remember where you saw 700R4 shifters ???

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,151 Posts
I used to live like 10 miles from Jeg's in Columbus, ohio. I bought a B&M shifter (with T-handle) for my last '87 F-body from them & LOVED IT!!!
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,221 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Different shifter knob for my C3

Don&Kelly said:
Patrick, the problem is not the threads size, it's that I'm trying to find one that works with a automatic tranny - it needs a button on it somewhere to shift gears.
Thanks for the reply
GOTCHA.... 10-4.... I'll see if I can find anything.:smokin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Patrick96LT4:

Great thank you .. I know you'll find something if anyone can ..

thanks again..
:buhbye:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
T-Handle

You no!!!! I;ve been lookin to put a T-handle in the vette.I have the 4-speed,and was wondering if anyone of you guys know the tread size for the vette 4-speed (1980)stock shifter.It seems pretty big compaired to some of T-handles i've seen;i mean in tread size. THANKS-SHADIE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I have one. I like it a lot. It was on the car when I got it though so I can't help you. I have seen a new one though and the hole drilled in the knob is way too big. The threads don't even touch the stick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top