Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my 78 Vette put 225/70/15's on the front and 255/60/15's on the back. It seems to me that would negatively affect handling. I'm thinking of going with the size on the front in the back as well. The tires are BF Goodrich T/A's. Does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks. Scott

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I have 225/70 R15's all around and when locked in either direction the front inside rubs on the fender walls. I do wish I had wider tires in back....

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had 255/60/15's on my car when I bought them... they were wide but not that tall. I just put a new set of BF Goodrich T/A 235/70/15's. They fill the wheel well very nice. Unfortunitely not as wide, but I'm happier with the look (no rubbing of the fenders now :thumbsup: ). Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
The previous owner of my 78 Vette put 225/70/15's on the front and 255/60/15's on the back. It seems to me that would negatively affect handling. I'm thinking of going with the size on the front in the back as well. The tires are BF Goodrich T/A's. Does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks. Scott
Won't affect handling at all. Wider tires in the back are better.

The height should be bigger in the back also.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, based on those I think I'll stick with what I've got-also, the Fat Alberts in the back look pretty good. :partyon:

·
Registered
501 Posts
some years back, i bought (cheap) a wounded c3 that the owner had spun in a curve near his home, bit front and rear on guardrails, got it out of the body shop and did exactly the same crunch on the way home...insurance company looked at it and accused him of trying to collect twice for same damage, refused payment...cause of both spinouts was oversized front tire contacting frame at full steering input, producing ''braking'' of the inside front wheel at the worst time.

·
Registered
435 Posts
...cause of both spinouts was oversized front tire contacting frame at full steering input, producing ''braking'' of the inside front wheel at the worst time.
Those must have been some meaty tires and wide rims to hit the frame...:spanked: I guess it's not all about the looks :crazy:

Who uses full steering point while driving down the road? Especially enough to slide into a pole. Two thoughts... 1. I would love to see a video of that crash. 2. The insurance company just plain didn't want his business. That sucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts