Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Z51 and have the Firestone Firehawk's on them. I got a flat on one tire about 6 months ago so just ended replacing that tire. Now the rest of the tires treads are getting low and its time to replace the other 3 tires. I was thinking of switching brands because it seems like there are better tires out there. Am I going to have to replace all 4, or can I keep that 1 newly replaced tire? Oh yeah this is bascially my daily driver and I am a pretty "spirited" driver, but I dont take it on the track or anything.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
My personal recommendations for a really great tire at a nominal cost are the Toyo T1R or the Hankook Ventus V12. I've run both on C5/C6's and they are excellent.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Best reasonably priced Tires I have used are the Toyo T1Rs, Bridgestone RE05a, Yoko Adven, and I now run the General UXPs. As we are going into winter, of those the best winter tire I have used are the General UXPs great wet and cold traction and great wear.

:cheers:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks guys, but no one has answered my question. I am not looking for what I should replace the ties with, but if i can replace 3 tires and not all 4. Also I am probably looking for run-flats, are any of those runflats?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
If you are interested in the handling and performance of the tires, then by all means replace all 4. If you are just looking for cheap try to match the tread pattern and wear rating as close as possible, and drive in moderation as the handling will be affected.

I don't recommend one odd tire, I would go with no less than front match and rear match.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Thanks guys, but no one has answered my question. I am not looking for what I should replace the ties with, but if i can replace 3 tires and not all 4. Also I am probably looking for run-flats, are any of those runflats?
:agree:
I would advise keeping the pairs (front and rears) matched. I would not mix brands on either end. I have mixed brands as far as what I run on the front vs what I run on the rear with out problems.

If you want to stick with run flats I would recomend GY, Bridgestone or Michelin.

:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts