Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 convert A/T 2.73 original gears. I took my car to an incredible vette mechanic because the differential was leaking from the drivers side axle shaft and the seal between the transmission and differential. I had every seal on the differential changed/resealed. 2 months later I see a drop of differential fluid. So I put it up on ramps and on the passengers side coming right down the front of the differential I see this rubber hose hanging down and it is cut on an angle. Looks like a drain hose of some sort. I don't remember seeing it there in the past but it looks like it belongs there because it has a clip, which is held onto the differential under one of the side cover bolts, that holds this hose in place. The fluid is 100% coming out of this hose. Is this hose attached to the vent, what does it do and is it original or did the mechanic add it on? I can't find anything about it in the manual either.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for trying to get this started. From another forum I discovered this is the vent from the transmission and not the differential. Only problem is Trans fluid is not leaking from it, its diff fluid. So until more people reply I am totally confused.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts