Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would you recommend...and what do you have now?

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Punk Boy said:
what would you recommend...and what do you have now?
B-girl has a nice Olympus D490Z. I have a Fuji FinePix 2600Z. Both models have already been replaced with newer models.

We are extremely happy with both cameras. Had no problems and the pictures look GREAT. We have an external smart media reader so we can take the disc out of the camera and pop it in and access it like another drive. Nice feature.

:thumbsup:

B

·
0 Posts
I have just concluded my research on this topic and purchased a new camera a couple days ago.

I purchased a Nikon Coolpix 4500. Its probably one of the best higher end digital cameras on the market. 4.1 megapixel, 4x optical and 4x stepless digital zoom. Compact flash media storage system that can hold up to 1G.

MSRP is $700 but Nikon has a $200 rebate going on right now through the end of June.

This camera rocks!

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BLM do you have yet? let me know how easy it is to use? i'm interested in gettin a dig camera but don't want to spend that much...but if its worth the money, at 500 its not that far out of my price range...i'm looking for about $300-400 camera

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Got an Olympus C-3000. Great camera. Have a PCMCIA smart-media adapter that I just slap into any laptop to download pics. Get something greater then 3 megapixels and get a storage type that you might be able to use elsewhere. The smart-media cards that go into my camera I also use on my PDA. Just a thought.

:cheers:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advice ragvette. :)

B

·
0 Posts
Punk Boy said:
BLM do you have yet? let me know how easy it is to use? i'm interested in gettin a dig camera but don't want to spend that much...but if its worth the money, at 500 its not that far out of my price range...i'm looking for about $300-400 camera
Yes I have the camera. It is easy to use. However if you wanted to get really into all of its features, you would have to study the manual. If you keep it on auto mode, its pretty much point and shoot. The camera does all the work, auto focus, flash, shutter speed etc. The ONLY drawback to this camera is the compact flash card they include is only an 16MB card and if you are using the high res quality you cant fit many shots on it. I have to go buy at least a 128MB card which will hold about 64 shots at the camera's highest resolution and biggest size pictures. What I love about it, is the way you can rotate the lens 210 degrees while keeping the LCD view finder straight in front of you.

The rebate is until the end of June. The rebate is only good if you buy the camera at full MSRP from a Nikon dealer at $700 plus tax. Im sure you could probably find the camera cheaper on the internet but you couldnt use the rebate. I got a deal from one of my many connections that after the rebate the camera will only cost me about $270!!! ( and no you cant use my connection!!:laughing: )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts