Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love a chance to meet all you great corvette lovers on this site. I was wondering if we could have a DC reunion sometime. Plus I would personally like to invite all of you to come here to Myrtle Beach on June 1-2 for our annual all corvette burn-out contest and show. The burn-out is performed in a bar here as you can go see in my video section. I actually won last year, but I figure the competition will be greater this year. I personally helped a friend of mine install a 383 stroker in his 85, and I know he is planning on making a showing that night. If any of you would like info., let me know and I'll email you an entry form.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Heck, thats not too far from here! I got the 383 too....Hmmmm.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'll be there DRiley !! Last year was my first show and I had a blast. I was even there to see the "accident". Looking forward to meeting you and some fellow DC'ers. Has Regina sent out the wristbands yet?

Save the Wave !!
Par

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Last time I spent any real time in SC was boot camp!:surprised

I think I might plan a nice ride up that way...if I can ever get the HOOD OF THIS DAMNED C4 OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
We'll be announcing our "yearly event" this week. Hope you'll be there.:thumbsup:
Oh goody! :partyon: :cheers:

I've had the opprtunity to meet fellow DC'ers on a few occasions. It's a good time to say the least. A national event would reign supreme!

I just hope it after my 90 day probation is over from my new employer.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be there DRiley !! Last year was my first show and I had a blast. I was even there to see the "accident". Looking forward to meeting you and some fellow DC'ers. Has Regina sent out the wristbands yet?

Save the Wave !!
Par
I have a picture of the "accident" in my picture bin. I don't think Regina has sent them yet. But I missed the meeting this month, and I haven't sent in my registration yet. I'll definately be there though.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last time I spent any real time in SC was boot camp!:surprised

I think I might plan a nice ride up that way...if I can ever get the HOOD OF THIS DAMNED C4 OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Street Knight,
I can't remember who it was, but someone on here said they were going to buy the tool to open the hood, and was going to keep it in case it happened to someone else on here. Might post a thread to try and find out who that was.

·
Banned
622 Posts
Sounds Cool. I've been to myrtle beach on vacation before, very nice there. Wish you luck on the contest. :cheers:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go to Myrtle Beach Corvette Club online and you can down load registration form for the car show. The meet and greet and burn-out is the night before in SUCK,BANG,BLOW. (Trust me, it's not what you think.):rolling:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Street Knight,
I can't remember who it was, but someone on here said they were going to buy the tool to open the hood, and was going to keep it in case it happened to someone else on here. Might post a thread to try and find out who that was.
I think it was Street Knight who said it. :laughing:

I never posted in that thread b/c I never had a problem opening the hood. That was one of my biggest fears b/c I was under it all the time checking things out.

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Street Knight,

Yeah, that was me:( Got the tool and got one side open but the passenger side wants to be stubborn.

About ready to do a little custom by sabre saw hood work to this SOB!:devil:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Yeah, that was me:( Got the tool and got one side open but the passenger side wants to be stubborn.

About ready to do a little custom by sabre saw hood work to this SOB!:devil:
Before you cut the hood try a sawzall to cut the hood pin that is latched in there. It may save your hood.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Steve,

Kinda sorta venting/joking about the hood, although I don't like this one anyway and want to go custom.

I'll work on it a bit more tonight if I have the time. Just needed to step away from it for a bit:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts