Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would one go about disabling the stock security system on a 93 vette....car also has pke so i can come up and car locks and unlocks....don't really mind that feature but the security system has got to go

·
Registered
0 Posts
I do believe...

Patrick will tell 'ya privately... DC's abit reluctant to publically post the bypass instructions else a few Vettes may just disappear a bit too easily.

JAT
D

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
93greenvette said:
Jeff did my bypass after I started having VATS issues and starting problems.

Worked awesome, Jeff, if you wanted to communicate it in tech speak via PM to him that'd be great. :partyon:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Patrick, any chance you can PM me so I can disable mine on my 86 coupe? 20 year old VATS is giving me fits. My car is hardly ever used except for autocrosses and track events, anyway. I just want to be rid of the problem. I bought the MA bypass kit so the car turns over and starts most of the time. But I'm getting intermittent injector shutoffs for 5 minutes. I'd just like to shut VATS completely off.

Thanks

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
stealthvette said:
Patrick, any chance you can PM me so I can disable mine on my 86 coupe? 20 year old VATS is giving me fits. My car is hardly ever used except for autocrosses and track events, anyway. I just want to be rid of the problem. I bought the MA bypass kit so the car turns over and starts most of the time. But I'm getting intermittent injector shutoffs for 5 minutes. I'd just like to shut VATS completely off.

Thanks
PM or email me for questions.. but do you know the Resistor code for your key and do you have a Voltmeter?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Jeff, sorry, I couldn't figure out how to PM you on this forum. Yeah, I know th e resistor code and have purchased and installed the VATS bypass kit from Mid America and the car starts most of the time. Yes, I have a voltmeter.

BUT, I still have a security problem with VATS shutting down my injectors for 5-30 minutes at the most inconvenient times. The literature on VATS says that the system will shut down the starter "and/or" the injectors.

Is there any way to just shut down the whole system and still drive the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
What I did for Patrick is the same as the VATS Bypass you purchased.
is the car cranking when the problem occurs?
Yes, the engine turns over as normal but doesn't start.

The big difference is that when I turn the key to the on position I don't hear the fuel pump run for a couple seconds and turn off like usual. If I hear that sound the car starts, no problem. That's why I'm thinking VATS is shutting off the injectors and thus the fuel pump doesn't run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do believe...

Patrick will tell 'ya privately... DC's abit reluctant to publically post the bypass instructions else a few Vettes may just disappear a bit too easily.

JAT
D
I have a 1993 corvette how could I get info in disarming the secure system drives me crazy . Locks unlocks every time you walk by it

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time on a forum . Was hoping to get info also . I have a blue 1993 manual love the car but I don’t like that security system

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
First time on a forum . Was hoping to get info also . I have a blue 1993 manual love the car but I don’t like that security system
Did you check with Mid-America to see if they still have the by-pass kit?

BTW Welcome to DC

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 94 that was working great till I had to put a new battery in. Now the center digital display doesn't come on and it won't even crank. I have purchased a VATS bypass and still nothing. Help, anyone. Please.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts