Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the wiring harness disconnect easily from the bulkhead fitting at the firewall on the engine bay side? Is it just a matter of applying enough tension or is there any special trick?

·
Supporting Vendor
3,776 Posts
Those are 2 part connectors into the back of the fuse block with a screw in the center you have to remove.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are 2 part connectors into the back of the fuse block with a screw in the center you have to remove.
perfect, thanks Gary! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
You just have to dig thru the guck the factory used to keep water out of it to get to the bolt in the center.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Are you getting ready to pull the front clip? If you are give me a call and I will come down and help you. I'll also let you do the cooking.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you getting ready to pull the front clip? If you are give me a call and I will come down and help you. I'll also let you do the cooking.:laughing::laughing::laughing:
getting close. Everything is unbolted from the front bumper and radiator support area and I've broken the bonding on the driver's side. Just need to disconnect the wiring and break the bonds on the passenger side and it should come right off.

I might get a little more done tonight, but Donna and I are headed to San Fran this weekend for a little vacation and won't be back until Tuesday. I'm looking forward to checking out the new truck and seeing how the '71 handles as well, so we better get together sooner rather than later!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts