Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha gang. Anyone know if any pf the TPI F-body distributors will drop in a early c4? 89 to be exact, i know physically probably will, but not sure if the harness is the same.
Mahalo

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
You need get the harnesses to run the external coil, whether you reuse some from the Camaro or get new ones from folks like EFI Connection or Jim's Performance. I did that, it was plug and play. Simple and clean.

I'm just now putting up some part #'s in my thread, just installed the MSD 8366 distributor (which is basically a glorified 3rd Gen Camaro set up).

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kool info!

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
search the threads. i recently did a pretty extensive listing of parts and what's required to swap in a 1989 trans am small distributor. Uasing the NAPA parts is significantly cheaper than any of the adapters out theree

·
Registered
547 Posts
search the threads. i recently did a pretty extensive listing of parts and what's required to swap in a 1989 trans am small distributor. Uasing the NAPA parts is significantly cheaper than any of the adapters out theree
Not for the ignition module. I'd only use AC Delco modules. The rest tend to work for a bit and then die out.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Not for the ignition module. I'd only use AC Delco modules. The rest tend to work for a bit and then die out.
I was refering to wiring only.. But if you look at the thread dan 85 has, the connectors form EFI are reasonably priced.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I was refering to wiring only.. But if you look at the thread dan 85 has, the connectors form EFI are reasonably priced.
I have bought stuff from them and they are good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts