Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was there a seperate key for the spare tire carrier? I can't get my door key to work and I'd like to get rid of the spare since it's just dead weight anyway (can't get to it and it's flat and bald anyway!). I've got AAA for a reason...

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I found mine in the jack compartment while cleaning,it looks like the ign key,but only works the spare lock.

Kevin

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
was there a seperate key for the spare tire carrier? I can't get my door key to work and I'd like to get rid of the spare since it's just dead weight anyway (can't get to it and it's flat and bald anyway!). I've got AAA for a reason...
I have heard some years the door key works. My 81 has a seperate key.(That I promptly lost):laughing: :laughing:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
:devil: :devil: :rolling: Should see my ONLY keyset, looks like head janitor to a large college or something, keys to everything, but use only maybe 4 of them all the time....

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have this extra key I wonder if it is for the spare. :smack
BTW where is the spare tire anyway. :huh:

·
Registered
517 Posts
On my '73, the door & ignition are the same key (square) and the alarm and spare tire lock use the other key (round).

·
Registered
759 Posts
It may be added weight, But it's right where you want weight,(way in the back) isn't it? I wonder if your traction might suffer a little. just a thought :huh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts