Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DIY - Grand Sport Stripes - Instructions Added

Like the idea and heritage of the Grand Sport "Hash" Stripes, but didn't care for the rest of the factory package or the look of the factory stripes. Also think that the stripes should only be on the driver's side fender, not both.
So I mocked these up myself this weekend. What do you think?

3M Model 471 Vinyl Tape 3 inch wide roll. Just cut to length and apply, see post below for more information

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I thought this was a DIY thread. What did you do?

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I think GS stripes are one of the few things that actually look good and don't detract from a street Corvette. I don't like stickers, so I painted mine on. Scotch pad, Eastwood paint prep, pinstriping and masking tape, and some satin paint. Still look good after 2 years.

I say go for it and tell us what ya did.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DIY - Instructions

Sorry about omitting the DIY part. I had a roll of 3M 471 vinyl tape (3 inch wide) in the shop that I've used on other projects. They make a 4 inch wide version, but i don't have any on hand. Just cut to length and apply. Make sure you're using the 471 vinyl tape because its especially designed so it can be removed easily with no marks or residue. It goes on easy and resists stretching. I've used it before and it works really well.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Sorry about omitting the DIY part. I had a roll of 3M 471 vinyl tape (3 inch wide) in the shop that I've used on other projects. They make a 4 inch wide version, but i don't have any on hand. Just cut to length and apply. Make sure you're using the 471 vinyl tape because its especially designed so it can be removed easily with no marks or residue. It goes on easy and resists stretching. I've used it before and it works really well.
Aha! That's cool to know. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts