Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
yes i have , i added texoco super thursday , its been so flooded in my area , that cant help , i mean it sometimes never goes off to e , its just wierd , now i use the trp od to figure out i feel ever 150 miles, i will just fill er up ! i cant blow $ 1000 and up to replace the sensors , i have a bro at service chevy , a real friend , told me the parts themselves are $$$$ so yet another stupid computor screwing up my dash lights , i call them idioy lights , as i said i have been working on and racing cars since i was a kid , now at 48 i can always tell on start up is all sounds kick ass , or what need to be done , now i am not saying ignore codes , but this damm sensors are bullshit wastes of time and cash , i live florida = no emissions , so who cares ? al
I think I mentioned this before but you need to put the year of your car in the description of your vehicle. "C5 targa 6 speed" doesn't tell me what I need to know in order to respond to what you were told by your mechanic. Also, the erratic fuel gauge issue is not a computer problem, the problem is inside your fuel tanks.

Reactions: ALZ

·
Registered
61 Posts

its a 1998 with 2004 z-06 new gearbox , cluch and alum flywheel , ok now we have dried out and the gas gauge is now working again , not 100 percent im sure ? i also found i can start the car , then kill the codes and the ck engine light is off ! loving it , had a great run today ! nice to be able with it running to turn off that damm ck engine light , and zero problems today , ice cold a/c , no problems , ran fast n clean , i did add 6 gallons of super texico gas ! techron ! i will use that alot now , $$$$$ damm florida is high $$$$ , so maybe it just mesed up due to the flood waters i had 2 drive thru last week ? now 105 in the shade ! so hot the girls at the beach are nude , lol , see ya all , and junkman you rule , thanks for all yer help , i belive i will return that oil sensor ? seems i will never get it done = afraid , read 2 many horror stories here ! on youtube it looked so easy , i see from you all here it is not ! maybe i will keep the part if they dont give me my cash back ? then when i get a ls2 intake later change out the stupid oil sensor , those sensors imho are all bullshit wastes of time and cash , i can hear my baby roar and purr , my ears tell me more then any stupid sensor could ever tell me , then again as i said this is not my 1st race / track ready car :cheers: but its the sweetest ! i love my corvette ! thanks to you all no more STUPID CK ENGINE LIGHT! i was gonna pull the damm bulb or fuse soon ! no need now ! thanks all, see ya , al

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2001 Z06. 37k miles. Long tube headers and Borlas. Just bought it and just got the Check Engine Light. P0420 code, bank 1. Which is bank 1? Could it be an oxygen sensor? Front or rear? Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I have a 2001 Z06. 37k miles. Long tube headers and Borlas. Just bought it and just got the Check Engine Light. P0420 code, bank 1. Which is bank 1? Could it be an oxygen sensor? Front or rear? Any help would be great.
Bank 1, position 1 is the forward H02 sensor on the driver's side. Bank 1, position 2 is the rear H02 sensor on the driver's side. Bank 2, position 1 is the forward H02 sensor on the passenger's side. Bank 2, position 2 is the rear H02 sensor on the passenger's side. You never stated the position, just the bank.

·
Registered
61 Posts
More work

ok so my a/c finally went , 7 years of $20 2 x a year freeon juice jobs finally gave out , o well , i had that one comming and knew it ! , $300 install, $280 in parts ,always change the orifice tube = ice cold a/c , still shutting off the stupid ck engine light ! thanks , now my window washer pumps soft sponge is leaking , only after useage , ide pulled the tank to reconect feeder hose , then found that the rubber bulb seem leaks a bit , can i use duct tape to stop the drip ? or ignore it ? like i do most b.s, my vette runs fast , cold n sweet ! so junkman aka coolman , should i even bother ? sprays ok , but leaks after ? i feel like its just old age and a costly repair ? maybe not really worth fixin , so i will fill it up and go n see ? cheers all, and z-06 dude its easy to turn off that damm ck engine light , i do it everyday in 5 seconds , see ya later , ride on , al :cheers:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Dude, are you texting or using short hand? I don't understand any part of your post. :huh:

·
Registered
74 Posts
C-5 check engine light

Junkman thank you for your response. I tried to fix this my self to no avail. So, I di the next best thing and traded it in for a C-6 2008 convertible. (best solution I ever had!)Only problem now is if a check engine light comes on I won't know what is wrong.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
:laughing:

That's the price you pay for leaving the C5 fold. Remember, you can't pull the codes on a C6 without a scanner tool. ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Junkman. Is there are a scanner that you would recommend? If so how is it connected to the c-6 computer and lastly is there a similar list of codes as the c-5? I miss the ability to see what the car is doing and I sure as hell don't want to drive off to my corvette center if a check engine light comes on.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
If you just want to read codes, any scanner that hooks up to the OBDI port will work. The C6 codes are stickied at the top of the C6 forum.

·
Registered
181 Posts
OK Junkman my friend, Semper Fi

Anyway I pulled some codes today here's what I had now what do I have?

10PCM P0157 H C

28 TCS C1271 H
28TCS C1243 H
28TCS C1255 H

A0 LDCM U1064 H

Is it time for me to go into my fuel tanks or what?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
OK Junkman my friend, Semper Fi

Anyway I pulled some codes today here's what I had now what do I have?

10PCM P0157 H C
This P0157 is both "H" history and "C" current.
Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2 (passenger side, rear)

All others are history...
C1271.......are you sure it is not 28-TCS - Traction Control System C1217 BPMV Pump Motor Relay Contact CKT Open ????

C1243 BPMV Pump Motor Stalled
C1255 EBTCM Internal Malfunction
AO LDCM (Left Door Control Module) U1064 Loss of Communications with BCM

.....OK, not the Junkman. But I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once, that I was told by the desk manager that he had once stopped by. :laughing:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yep, C1217, my error

I've got a code cheat sheet but what's going on if anything?

I do occasionally get the dead fuel level gage and my traction control is blinky at times

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
.....OK, not the Junkman. But I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once, that I was told by the desk manager that he had once stopped by. :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing:

I will get back you after I watch my Cardinals play Houston.

·
Banned
6,799 Posts
I don't have time this weekend to go through ekectrical troubleshoot step by step on your C5.
Something plausible is pulling the main serial data communicqtion lne down. Parellel star configuration.

The ABS Pump motor took a **** I do believe.
ABS SYSTEM ON ALL VETTES IS HIGHLY ADVANCED.
Rest of GM Products are built junk.
Some GM ABS PUMP MOTORS HAD A SEPERATE POWER PLUG.
DISCONNECT & SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Have to put my Machinist skills to work.
Precision Valvejob to do with my Sioux Valve Grinding Equipment.
Ferrea Super Alloy Valves to Face off to my desired angles & Seats to cut Fresh Renew.

BR

·
Registered
61 Posts
crazy stuff ?

:WTF my corvettes dash is acting a tad freaking wierd , my a/c was messing up ? i prayed , and reprogrammed like 5 times , so far all is ok ! thanks god , yet still stuff is wild as my vette is modded / worked huge , thus i must manually turn off that damm ck engine light every time , 5 seconds and she is gone ! then its 6 spd very very fast c 5 action , my car has 2004 z-06 brand new gearbox from corvette , alum flywheell, 2004 z-06 clucth , so with the lambo exhoust , k @ m air filter , and of course its tunned for max off line speed , i throw all the codes , o well , i love driving my vette , even to work , hahahahaha see ya , al:cheers:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Was that shorthand? I don't understand your post at all. :huh:

·
Banned
6,799 Posts
Was that shorthand? I don't understand your post at all. :huh:
I see Your Overwhelmed with Advanced Driveability problems Junk that even make myself an L1 Advanced Driveabilty & Master Mechanic want to Duck for Cover.
These Guys need To Tell Us both a Story.
Get it Right.
Be detailed.
Busy as Hell lately like You Junk.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Yea, this week has been a real money maker but it's wearing me out. :thud:

·
Banned
6,799 Posts
Yea, this week has been a real money maker but it's wearing me out. :thud:
As soon as the weather breaks I am driving down to Kentucky.
Your House Junk.
Minor repairs I can take the 87 vert.
Got the Suburban for carrying lots of tools.
New Junkman Thread.
My Bossman Junk Needs His Stallion.
Have to check on my other Kentuckian Bud GT too.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts