61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
U Da Man AJ!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Damn Mark, long time no see! Good to see you're still around and kickin'! :thumbsup:
Thanks AJ:thumbsup:. Ya, it's been awhile. Kinda takin' a break from the bar-scene, lol. Like others I'm sure, just trying to handle some curve balls that life has throwing at me of late. To tell ya the truth, It was nice to get an email from here. I hope that you have been well my friend:cheers:

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Whew! I knew this thread was out there. I'm waiting on my foam to get here as I type. My bottom cover was embarrassing to look at and I have had a towel over it for a couple years now. I bought a bottom cover a couple months ago and will be installing it next week. I replaced the seat foam several years ago, but it will get a new one again with the new cover. Thanks again for your write-up AJ, most of us would think twice before tackling a job like this without them. I'm not sure who made your covers, but they are maybe the same that did mine (ebay vendor), and I'm impressed with the quality. Of course, I haven't put it on yet :laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,409 Posts
Make sure you take some pics and DON'T host them on photobucket..

PS Pics can be hosted on DC

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Make sure you take some pics and DON'T host them on photobucket..

PS Pics can be hosted on DC
Deal! Does that mean we can upload now from our own pc’s?:lookinup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pictures have been restored.
Hello Junkman

Any chance we can have those pics restored again? My covers just arrived and I'd like to follow along.
Also I read somewhere else at one point that you have a write up for rebuilding the bottom seat cushion. Did you use a kit or make or own? If so can you redirect me to that link too please?

Thanks a bunch!

Jay :cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,409 Posts
Hey Jay. Those pics are gone, probably forever

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Jay. Those pics are gone, probably forever
Don't suppose you could help with my questions can you? I'm thinking I'll make my own as well, however it would be nice to know the foam dimensions in advance to avoid much trial and error. The thickness would be a great start. Looks like maybe one inch or so.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Only allowed 1attatchment per post? This could take forever. This is what The Junkman’s drivers seat probobly looks like under the coushin. I can’t help you in foam dimentions. Ordered my seatfoam from MAM.

Attachments

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,409 Posts
Thanks Mark

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Thanks Mark
Thank you for the compliment Gang. Jaynet, I have more pics of the process if you need to see under the seat more. MAM is boasting a new foam bottom for sale. They have a video showing the improvements to where you may never need to re foam again. Good luck :cheers:

61 - 75 of 75 Posts