Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to register my recently purchased 1972 in California and am struggling with a "Vehicle Verification". DMV gum chewers say the car should have a "Federal Emission Certificate" sticker under the hood. I can't find one anywhere. Any ideas what they are looking for??

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Look for a sticker (2.5" X 5" approximately) located on the firewall right behind the master cylinder. That's the location that I remember from the mid seventie's era C3.

The sticker will state that the vehicle meets all applicable Federal standards in effect at the time of manufacture. It also lists dwell angle, spark plug gap, timing, and idle speed. There may be more, but that's all I remember off the top of my head.

I don't believe that the Federal stickers were on the radiator or shroud.

Steven

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Found one -

This is what it looks like...

Steven

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
how original is your car? The sticker may not be there any more...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help

Now that I have an idea of what to look for and where, it should make it a little easier to find. The car is numbers matching motor and trans, 109K miles that has been stored since 1999. Problem is it started life Orange and is now Black.... Don't know what was painted that shouldn't have been. I'll let you guys know what I find when I get to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts