Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if there is anyone out there who runs their C5 in autocross events, either SCCA Solo II of another sanctioning body's events.

Would especially like to hear from people who have autocrossed late-C4s who are now running a Z06.

Ray
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,222 Posts
RT66Z06 said:
I'm curious if there is anyone out there who runs their C5 in autocross events, either SCCA Solo II of another sanctioning body's events.

Would especially like to hear from people who have autocrossed late-C4s who are now running a Z06.

Ray
Hi Ray, I've only tried it once, though I regularly do it in Chicago traffic just to stay alive.

It'd be nice if there was a local autocross group. On a side note, I am setting the car up for dragracing this year (Nitrous, rollbar...) and the drag radials would not hold up to the hair-pin turns....
:laughing:
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I've heard several times that the C5's are better on a road course than autocross.

I think in SOLO there are very few that compete compared to C4's. Seeing as though the C5 has been around for 6 years now, that must indicate something.

Can anyone chime in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,710 Posts
Re: Re: Do any of you autocross?

Patrick96LT4 said:

It'd be nice if there was a local autocross group. On a side note, I am setting the car up for dragracing this year (Nitrous, rollbar...) and the drag radials would not hold up to the hair-pin turns....
:laughing:
Here's a link to the Chicago Region Solo II schedule
http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/index.html

The Joliet Sports Car Club also has autocross/solo events at Joliet Junior College, that info can be usually found at the Midwest F-Body Association site.
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Do any of you autocross?

Arnie said:
Here's a link to the Chicago Region Solo II schedule
http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/index.html

The Joliet Sports Car Club also has autocross/solo events at Joliet Junior College, that info can be usually found at the Midwest F-Body Association site.
Chicago Region Solo II drivers school

COST: $100

WHEN:

Saturday March 29, 2003
Sunday March 30, 2003 8:00am - 5:00pm (both days)

WHERE: Route 66 Raceway, Joliet, IL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
I watched a guy in a LT-4 dog Z06's at one event. I mean this guy really pushed the limits of his C4 and after talking to him, I found out he had 12+ years of autox experience.

I would of loved to see him in a Z06!
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top