Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you put your Vette away for winter? Just leave fire/theft/comprehensive?

I do drop mine and if I need to take the car out I call the agent. He then makes a note to enter the car back in service which usually takes him at least a day, he has the date I called, when I put the car back away I call him and the note gets torn up.:D

I spend a lot of money with him..home, business and cars. It's a "liitle discount".

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used to drop everything except comprehensive but but my '84 got old enough to become a limited use collector/show car and State Farm rates came down. Now there is a limit of 2500 miles a year and the coverage is the same all year. I don't recall how old it needed to be. Chat with your agent about your limited useage.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Right now it's covered in full. I'm tempted to drop it to fire and theft...but I know there'll be nice days in the winter I'll want to drive it.

Decisions Decisions!!!:excited:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep! I leave comprehensive on the 2001 and remove everything else for winter storage. It does help to have all your insurance coverages with one company so they don't make a big deal about it. It's not "chump change" that you are saving. It starts to add up eventually.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
My insurance is so cheap, I don't even bother really.

Plus, I like the car available whenever there is a nice day to play!

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Same as you stilcrazee.

I just dropped full coverage on both vetts this past weekend. :(

My agent is like yours, very friendly guy. When I call him he knew exactly what for before I told him.

·
Liftin' the fronts
2,261 Posts
My insurance is only about $360 per year and it's a 12 month policy for the works. I can't drop anything. The car has to be 25 years old and not driven to work .

:)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I drop everything but Comp for Winter storage. Save money and it makes sense $$.

if I want to drive it for the day, a note is placed in the file. I call at the end of my drive, and note come out of agent's file. I believe they call it a courtesy day for people who store cars.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Update

Well, I was wrong. I took the vet out after calling my agent. Evidently, they were contacting the insurance company every time I took the car out. I was told to leave it in garage or put insurance back in place. Of course, I did take it out 3 times in one month but I have never had trouble before. I never had an agent or insurance company complain before.

For you insurance types, is it normal to notify the insurance company every time I take the car out of storage for a day? I always thought this was handled internally.

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
I drop the PL/PD & collison on mine, if I really want to take it out early I throw my used car dealer plate on it!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
501 Posts
when your agent ''sits'' on your reinstatement for 1 day, he's just saving himself work--if you do have a claim you may have a lot of trouble getting the company to honor it and then they will likely refuse to renew when current policy expires....leave it in the garage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts