Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Was in my first last weekend, a lot of nice cars, didn't win anything but had fun.

Making a tri-fold of before and after to put on display...

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
ChiMan said:
Was in my first last weekend, a lot of nice cars, didn't win anything but had fun.

Making a tri-fold of before and after to put on display...
I think I've been in a half-dozen. GS's are popular, I've placed in every show... including a few 1st places.

I enjoy shows, and I would do more as time allows.:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,520 Posts
I usully don't go to a lot of shows and enter cars but I do go. I built and drove street rods and classic chevy for years and made all the shows. I even had a couple of one shot pictures in some magazines but I kind of got burned out. I still have a few a street rods around but don't enter them any more. A local club had a car show a bunch or years ago and I took about 25 trophies I had won over the years and recycled them. They ended up with 15 or so respectable ones after swapping stuff around. Don't get me wrong I enjoy going to shows but just don't want to sit in a 'parking lot' all day. Last year I went to knoxville a couple of times, Louisville Ky for the street rod nats, Indy for the Good Guys happening (really awesome weekend if you like older stuff. 1972 and back on the drags for 2 days.) Mid America at Effingham,IL , Corvettes at Carlisle (1700 miles round trip but boy was it worth it.) Frog follies at Evansville, IN and a half dozen events at the Nat'l Corvette Museum. I end up going to a lot of "events" but usually odn't enter the local parking lot ones. I gp and look them GO CRUISING and WAVING !!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts