Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regardless of my efforts, I rarely manage to have the time, or to remember to catch it on TV.

Anyone big fans of watching the C5R's zip around?
:huh:

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'll watch if I see 'em on NBC's 'ALMS'-coverage, and read-up on 'em in various Corvette publications, but don't make a 'concentrated-effort' to keep-up.
I understand the C5R team has made SEVERAL changes for '04???

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I kinda do. It's sucks now big time b/c speed channel won't air all 24 hrs like they did before. I used to stay up til 3 or 4 am and be back up at 8 so I didn't miss the finish, but now they air the first and last 8 only. :down:

I don't remember if they aired all 12 hrs. of the 12 hr races, I bet they don't. :(

·
Registered
463 Posts
Love to watch Le Mans and the American Le Mans series

·
DC Crew
2,503 Posts
I love watching those C5-Rs going around the track. I just wish i could make it to one of the races, in person.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
01cavz24 said:
I love watching those C5-Rs going around the track. I just wish i could make it to one of the races, in person.
They are a blast in Person. I saw them at the Phoenix Rolex 150 last year. The C5 teams finished 1-2. Awesome.

·
DC Crew
2,503 Posts
moore_rb said:
They are a blast in Person. I saw them at the Phoenix Rolex 150 last year. The C5 teams finished 1-2. Awesome.
wow that must have been awesome. I cant wait to see them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ALMS at Road America

Patrick,

There is nothing like hearing them in person standing on the bridge at the north end of the long straight at RA. You should try and come this year. I was there the last two years and it's very cool. I may have some extra tickets, I did last year. E-mail me if you are interested. The race is usually in August. Here's the link http://www.roadamerica.com/2004/races/ra500/index.htm

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
War Machine said:
I kinda do. It's sucks now big time b/c speed channel won't air all 24 hrs like they did before. I used to stay up til 3 or 4 am and be back up at 8 so I didn't miss the finish, but now they air the first and last 8 only. :down:

I don't remember if they aired all 12 hrs. of the 12 hr races, I bet they don't. :(
Speed TV did air all 12 hours of the Sebring race.

I try to catch as much C5R coverage as I can, I was at the Sebring race in 2002 and will try to be at the Road America race this summer.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: ALMS at Road America

Mag Red Mike said:
Patrick,

There is nothing like hearing them in person standing on the bridge at the north end of the long straight at RA. You should try and come this year. I was there the last two years and it's very cool. I may have some extra tickets, I did last year. E-mail me if you are interested. The race is usually in August. Here's the link http://www.roadamerica.com/2004/races/ra500/index.htm
Very interesting. I'll have to see my wallet fatten up... but I'd love to do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts