Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of us have personalized licence plates, and what do they read and mean. When you travel to a car show or go out on a cruize you always come across that car with a special message on thier plate do you have one. Lets see who has them. I and my wife have three of them. Here they are the 1st one reads RNI VET the R is the first letter of my name the N means & and the I is the first letter in my wife's name, and the word VET well that easy. Most people thought it read R#1 VET.

The second reads INR VET same idea as above just reversed, but it turned out that when you read it ,it sounds like this IN OUR VET.

The third one INR TOY you guessed it, same theory as the last one. So what is your's

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Good Topic stingray. The funniest thing that happened with my plate was when in heavy traffic I passed a police car several times in the lane next to me. Well after we went back and fourth passing each other a couple of times I heard someone honking and looked over. It was the police officer trying to get me to roll down the passenger window. Of course I'm thinking the worse but when I got the window down he said, "I love your plates".

It's funny but the plates draw as much attention as the car does.

To think this was once on my GrandAM:D

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
When I first had my Vette, I was nto sure what I wanted, but had the plates from my Dark Green Firebird that read EMRLD 92. I figured they needed to be changed for the White Vette..

At first I had VAN HLN 2, since I am a big Van Halen fan.. but then wanted a plate for my vette itself, I came up with VETT N 89, Which basically meant Vette in 1989.. Well after I had the body updated and painted, I wanted something different..

My vette now sports the plate VETT XTC or Vette Ecstasy. I like this one much better.. Keeps them guessing at the car show and cruises

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ragvette said:
Good Topic stingray. The funniest thing that happened with my plate was when in heavy traffic I passed a police car several times in the lane next to me. Well after we went back and fourth passing each other a couple of times I heard someone honking and looked over. It was the police officer trying to get me to roll down the passenger window. Of course I'm thinking the worse but when I got the window down he said, "I love your plates".

It's funny but the plates draw as much attention as the car does.

To think this was once on my GrandAM:D

Great plate and even a better story by the look of the picture you have a great car also. It will interesting to see what other stories come of this..:cool:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-=Jeff=- said:
When I forst had my Vette, I was nto sure what I wanted, but had the plates from my Dark Green Firebird that read EMRLD 92. I figured they needed to be changed for the White Vette..

At first I had VAN HLN 2, since I am a big Van Halen fan.. but then wanted a plate for my vette itself, I came up with VETT N 89, Which basically meant Vette in 1989.. Well after I had the bady updated and painted, I wanted something different..

My vette now sports the plate VETT XTC or Vette Ecstasy. I like this one much better.. Keeps them guessing at the car show and cruises
Sounds like a party to me:p

·
Registered
138 Posts
The law officers must like my plate, they are always checking it out when they go by me.:D 4BNBAD
Photo of it is in my photo's section.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
No, other then having a blue car with a big white stripe, I chose not to get a personal plate to avoid atracting attention.

Hahaha..... :eek: :confused: :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cruzr said:
The law officers must like my plate, they are always checking it out when they go by me.:D 4BNBAD
Photo of it is in my photo's section.
That's a great plate. My wife thought that I should have one like that. Do you think she is trying to tell me something.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
161 Posts
The picture tells the story.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Chucks87 said:
The picture tells the story.

Nice.

Bet many people get the "CRUZN" part but not the "C4" part (unless your a vette nut like us).

Many people call my car the "vomit" car because I guess the way the plates read and not the way I drive. :D

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I just received a notice from the Illinois Secratary of State office, my personalized plate on the C4 will be: BLWN VET

1 - 20 of 33 Posts