• I don't care either way

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it slows the opening of threads for some people , but most people seem to have high speed at home now & within a year almost all will ...

I like to see pictures of everyones vettes in their signatures ... how about you ???

:buhbye:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
I like the picture in the avatar. It bug the crap out of me to have to scroll down through the pics over and over. If you want to look at pics there is always the gallery.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
makes me no neverminds:laughing:
(Translation....I don't care either way.)

how's my southern comin' along? I'm trying:laughing: :laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Don&Kelly said:
I know it slows the opening of threads for some people , but most people seem to have high speed at home now & within a year almost all will ...

I like to see pictures of everyones vettes in their signatures ... how about you ???

I agree, I like to see pics of everyone else's vette also. I also agree with Jeff and Torch red, its a pain to scroll through long sigs, one pic is enough, any more than that and its just a waste of time.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
I'd like sig pics as well. But.....

1. Most folks don't know how to compress an image, and people were having 150K signature pictures. This is cruel to dial-up users, and it's tough to police all the signatures and hound people to compress their images. (time consuming)

2. Some people like BIG sig pics. Even if we had a rule about width and height, some folks won't abide by that (or not know about the rule) and it creates another situation where we'll need to police and be the "bad guy" and have to hound people to shrink the images. (time consuming)

3. Sig pics can be too long, causing a ton of scrolling to get to the meat of the thread. (time consuming)

4. Some people feel the need to put pictures of their dogs, boats, sports logos, and other trucks/cars. Not sure we want that.

5. Speed. A quick site is a good site. To go overboard on graphics can reduce the sites performance for everyone.

As you can see, it would add a lot of work for us if we enabled pics, and we'd end up being the 'bad guy' all the time when we have to hound members to modify their signatures in some way.

All that said, I would love to have a pic of my GS in my signature, but we'd be opening pandora's box, IMHO.

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's feedback on this, as I can only see this situation through my eyes.

Keep the comments coming..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like seeing what everyone's ride looks like.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I like them, but as Patrick said some people get carried away and include too many pics in their sig's, making it tough for those with dial up's.

Allow ONE pic for sig and limit size.

or

Have users put a link to a pic of their car in their sig.

or

Can you make the avatar a link to a larger pic?

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
the avatar link sounds like a great idea:thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I like the sig pics, but it makes me sick when some idiot makes like ten posts in the same thread and you have to see the pics over and over.

And then you have some clown that has some huge pic that makes it necessary to scroll across the screen to read the posts.

I’m still on dialup here and turned off the sigs on other forums a long time ago.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm with Bender. It kinda pizzes you off when one post fills your window just because someone wants to show you their 'vette along with pics of all the cars and trucks they've ever owned, pics of the kids and little angels hanging in the corners and **** all over explaining what's in each vehicle. Just say no
:nuts:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
biltogo said:
makes me no neverminds:laughing:
(Translation....I don't care either way.)

how's my southern comin' along? I'm trying:laughing: :laughing:
Ya'll start eatin' grits 'n' ya'll be half way thar.

·
Registered
333 Posts

like this !

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Can you make the avatar a link to a larger pic?"

I like this idea , looks like the vote so far has it about 65 % for pictures & 35 % not ...

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Don&Kelly said:
"Can you make the avatar a link to a larger pic?"

I like this idea , looks like the vote so far has it about 65 % for pictures & 35 % not ...

Agreed.... but no one address the problems I listed above..... I wish I could, but I can't really take on all the additional admin at the moment .... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts