Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think I got a good deal. It was dealer cost plus a couple of grand, basically the GM employee price, plus I had to sign a document stating that I wouldn't sell it to any of my American friends for at least 6 months or ?? miles. There is a little known organization in Ontario that will get you these prices on any vehicle you want to buy (APA= Automobile Protection Assn) for you Ontario guys & gals

·
Registered
46 Posts
i paid msrp ...............after driving the car i would pay double ....this car is amaZing:partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Think I got a good deal on the Z06. Walked in and had the max price that I would pay for it and after 2.5 hours of playing with the dealership I drove home. Didn't go over my max price so I was pretty happy.

The 91 I just bought it. Didn't even research the price before buying.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Yeah, I probably did py too much. I bought my 98 in 2000, from the original owner. It had 2475 miles on it. I had seen it in the paper, called him confirmed the mileage. Went to see it the next night, drove it around the block, came back and handed him a deposit. Never ever tried to negotiate. Found it advertised a week later in one of those free "cars for sale"ags you get at the grocery store..for 1K less. He had placed the ad but it hadn't made the street yet. Oh well 1k over? how ever long I keep it= enjoyment!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
.... or did you strikes a great deal on your Vette?
I searched the GM Buy-power site and found a dealer in my area (Cormier Chevrolet, Carson, CA) who was stuck with 13 2001 Z06s in mid-July 2001 (factory was closed, retooling for the '02).

They had been buying cars from other dealers and were asking $10,000 over sticker. I drove up there and test-drove one and then selected another one with an extremely late build date (June 15, 2001) because I wanted the running production changes to rings and pistons begun in mid-April 2001.

The base price was $48,055, and with memory package ($150), Electochromic mirrors ($120), floor mats ($25), and shipping ($645) the total came to 48,995. After three hours of negotiation I paid them $45,500.

They were willing to deal only because they had a large inventory late in the year, and everyone knew the 2002 was getting a bump to 405HP and many were reluctant to buy a 2001 with only 385HP. But the 2002 cars suffered a price increase and of course were once again subject to the "added dealer markup" which varied depending on dealer and location. Given that I wanted the car then and didn't want to wait, it worked out well.

I suggest that before anyone goes to a dealer they check out the GM Buy-power site.

Your mileage may vary.

Ray

·
Registered
336 Posts
I got a pretty killer deal on my GS when I bought it, I got about $1K less than I would have liked for the car I traded in (1994 Polo Green Coupe) but it was waaaay too good of a deal to pass up :)

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Initially, I thought it was a fair deal. I got the price down lower than I though I could get it. If I could have taken it somewhere w/ a lift and inspected the underside, I could have knocked off another 3K or even walked away from it. It was a good first Vette buying experience though. I know the next deal will be real good b/c I know exactly what to look for now.

:partyon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts