Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever anyone buys a vette they want an unmodified one.

I used to want to keep a car stock, or in a state where I could return it to stock.

But, I decided last year.... that I didn't care anymore.

Are you un-easy about making modifications?

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Whenever anyone buys a vette they want an unmodified one.

I used to want to keep a car stock, or in a state where I could return it to stock.

But, I decided last year.... that I didn't care anymore.

Are you un-easy about making modifications?
I am not sure how to answer that one :laughing:

there is not much left that IS stock anymore on my vette

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just changed out a few things... :laughing:

·
Registered
159 Posts
it would depend on the car in question...

I have a normal production 1992 LT1 6 spd coupe.

don't get me wrong, its a great car, but, there are 5,000 others like it in 1992 and 25,000 or so like it through 1995...

so... short of a GS, (which I would be more prone to update) or a ZR1, I would not update.

the GS would be a close call... but a generic LT4 would be more updateable...

I can't leave well enough alone, to be honest!!!!

So a ZR1 would be out of the question, as my primary vette...

now... if your talking 1967 L71, I would use Zaino, and thats it.

the only updates that car would get involve factory OEM repairs...

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
when i get my vette its going to be for that purpose...to make my own.... :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have caught alot of crap from some people over years about modding my GS, I still have every stock nut and bolt from the car including cam, brand new set of bare lt-4 castings in the box, stock exhaust etc.... I dont want to do anything permanent like a roll cage or any body changes but as far as the engine and bolt on parts, its nothing that I could reverse over the course of a week.

·
Registered
46 Posts
not worried atall
..........................i bought this car for me and only me.......i started mods with 102 miles on the car....and i will be done when i am done thats all folks...........................:partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
MVR 155 said:
I have caught alot of crap from some people over years about modding my GS, I still have every stock nut and bolt from the car including cam, brand new set of bare lt-4 castings in the box, stock exhaust etc.... I dont want to do anything permanent like a roll cage or any body changes but as far as the engine and bolt on parts, its nothing that I could reverse over the course of a week.
I watched you run a 10.99 at Byron... keep modding, your GS is flat out BAD ASS!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think we are missing a huge point here... these are Corvettes... and the fact of the matter is, most of us will own these cars for a LONG LONG time.

If it was a supe'd up Civic, thats another thing... it gets traded when the next big thing comes around...

but in the world of Corvettes, Vipers, Porsches and the like, we have a tendency to hold them for a while.

so yes, personalization is important.

·
Registered
336 Posts
bogus said:
I think we are missing a huge point here... these are Corvettes... and the fact of the matter is, most of us will own these cars for a LONG LONG time.

If it was a supe'd up Civic, thats another thing... it gets traded when the next big thing comes around...

but in the world of Corvettes, Vipers, Porsches and the like, we have a tendency to hold them for a while.

so yes, personalization is important.
Well stated :)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
It doesn't matter a hoot to me...I say..I don't give a rats azz. My 72 is about to get an operation that will take it from stock permanently.

Bogus is right.....these cars are like a personalised art object....forever changing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I learned my lesson with the last car, any stock parts that come off my car are being kept and will go back on the car if I ever sell it. So my basic plan for this one to not do any mods which aren't easily reversible.
I threw too much money away on the last one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the real issue is would you buy a modded car?

I would mod my car, and not worry about re-sale, but when you go and look at a possible buy, the same people that race evey weekend are the first to say "I dont know about buying a car that was modded or raced"

Been there

1 - 20 of 25 Posts