Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search of the net but all I can find is super detailed models that cost hundreds of dollars. I am looking for something to test out what my interior mods will look like for my LS1 swap (gauges, centre console mods, etc)

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
you're looking for a 3D CAD model of the interior? That sounds like it'd be real tough to find.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm beginning to think I am going to have to do this myself maybe :-(

I guess I could do some dodgy photoshoping alternatively.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have a 3DS model i drew up a while ago, its just the exterior tho, 3D studio max says it can covert to autoCAD but im not sure on the quality of the conversion, all the headers on my web page are of the model rendered and wireframe:

www.c3-corvette.co.uk

:thumbsup:
where's it at on your site? i couldnt find it :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I will need to send it you. If you dont have 3DS it will need exporting to a format you can read.
Nice offer - Could I take you up on that too. I don't have my conversion software with me here (depolyed) but would like to have the model for when I return. Then, I can convert it into stl, autocad/SW/Rhino/and a few others - but for now would be happy to "have it on file."
BTW - just looked -- nice model -- and VERY nice work on the car too.

Cheers - Jim
BTW still looking to get the "jake-less pics" --anybody out there?

·
Registered
976 Posts
If your handy with photo shop you can see what it would look like. I always photoshop things before i modify my car.

Heres before

Heres the middle of the job

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Nice offer - Could I take you up on that too. I don't have my conversion software with me here (depolyed) but would like to have the model for when I return. Then, I can convert it into stl, autocad/SW/Rhino/and a few others - but for now would be happy to "have it on file."
BTW - just looked -- nice model -- and VERY nice work on the car too.

Cheers - Jim
BTW still looking to get the "jake-less pics" --anybody out there?
If you get it to a Solidworks format I'd love to have a copy if that's OK with you, wev.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 3DS model i drew up a while ago, its just the exterior tho, 3D studio max says it can covert to autoCAD but im not sure on the quality of the conversion, all the headers on my web page are of the model rendered and wireframe:

www.c3-corvette.co.uk

:thumbsup:
Man, I'm impressed. Having spent a fair bit of time working in CADD I can appreciate the amount of work you must have put into that. I've been to your site before and always thought that was a photo - I had no idea it was a rendering.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
thats a rendering? :surprised send it to me in any format, i should be able to reconvert it to just about anything :) i've always wanted to try some exterior mods but never had the skill to actually make the 3d model to try them on myself :cheers:

what you can do is upload it to like MegaUpload or something and then just share the link with those you want to that way you dont have to re-upload it each time you want to send it out :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
If you have it in a 3dm, stl, or igs format I'd appreciate it. I have access to Rhino over here - but not my conversion program. If you'd pm a copy that would be real great.
Thanks - Jim

·
Registered
27 Posts
The file size is quite big to post up on file sharing sites, so i could send via email to those who want to have a play with it :thumbsup:

I am a novice with these design programs and dont know the full ins and outs of how these saved formats will transfer but am willing to try, i would ask that if you guys do request the model that you make a promise not to distribute the file/model/image as i have spent 10's if not 100's of hours getting this model to work, i did try and blag a model from a modelling forum, know one was willing to 'give it' away and prices were around $75.00 - $150.00, im not asking for cash, just respectfully use the model for yourselves to play with (if theres money to be made i want it! :rolling:).

The wire frame as it stands is around 19mb i can optimize the faces giving smaller file sizes, the redered output will have the same shape, but will not look nice in wireframe. If you are rendering that wont mater, but worth saying in case you like the idea of wireframe images as i do ;)

I will have a play with settings and see what it will convert to as wireframe and optimized (wire frame has too many verticies and faces for some conversions).

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
PMed :)

The file size is quite big to post up on file sharing sites, so i could send via email to those who want to have a play with it :thumbsup:

I am a novice with these design programs and dont know the full ins and outs of how these saved formats will transfer but am willing to try, i would ask that if you guys do request the model that you make a promise not to distribute the file/model/image as i have spent 10's if not 100's of hours getting this model to work, i did try and blag a model from a modelling forum, know one was willing to 'give it' away and prices were around $75.00 - $150.00, im not asking for cash, just respectfully use the model for yourselves to play with (if theres money to be made i want it! :rolling:).

The wire frame as it stands is around 19mb i can optimize the faces giving smaller file sizes, the redered output will have the same shape, but will not look nice in wireframe. If you are rendering that wont mater, but worth saying in case you like the idea of wireframe images as i do ;)

I will have a play with settings and see what it will convert to as wireframe and optimized (wire frame has too many verticies and faces for some conversions).

·
Registered
63 Posts

I'd love to get a copy of it. I use Max, so 3DS is fine for me.
It would be cool to model the entire car, with the frame and all the part. PM'ing you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could I get a copy too please :) - Also I agree not to share it around :)

Oh yeah format,,, if you're able to export it to a Solidworks 2009 format, that'd be great, umm, or if you want just leave it in the format it's in 'cause sw can pretty much import anything

1 - 20 of 22 Posts