Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Firehawks will need to be replaced soon and I'd like to be well informed when the time comes for getting new tires. I was told Nittos would be a better replacement for racing but I won't get near the same amount of miles on them. That could be a problem w/ the wifey. :( I like my Firehawks, going from 2.59 to 3.54 gears and a converter hasn't hurt me off the line at all if I launch it right and that's with 20k miles on them.

Is the tire rack the best place for side by side comparison?

-John

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Yep, tire rack is probably the place to go. They have most of the major brands, and lots of good info. I don't race, so I'm presently using Kumho's. Don't know how they would work for you, but they are a great street tire. :)

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I got my tires from Tire Rack. I liked the service very professional and the tires were the right price for sure. I don't race either but I got the Summitomos and they ride real nice on the street I replaced Donlops and the biggest difference is the ride quality was noticably better.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
tires

hay war,Iwent to the tire rack to and i thought the service was great,the prices are hard to beat anywhere,unless you realey know someone.I went with the BF.Goodrich radial TA vr-4.Good rain tire if your ever caught in it,and dry handling in great,got to warm them a little first thought.I have driven hard and havent notice anything squirrely.Hope that this helps.save the wave,ken:buhbye:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Re: tires

I just bought my tires from TireRack. I ordered on the web and I had the tires in two days.

I'm tough to please, but they were up to the task. I'd recommend them...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
My son & I just replaced our tires in May & we both researced exactly what tires to come up with. We both "open road race" our corvettes and safety is paramont at high speeds - we both came to the same decision Firestone Firehawks .. it's my second set & I'm very pleased with them...

:excited: :)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Re: tires

kenney said:
hay war,Iwent to the tire rack to and i thought the service was great,the prices are hard to beat anywhere,unless you realey know someone.I went with the BF.Goodrich radial TA vr-4.Good rain tire if your ever caught in it,and dry handling in great,got to warm them a little first thought.I have driven hard and havent notice anything squirrely.Hope that this helps.save the wave,ken:buhbye:
ditto :thumbsup:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input EVERYONE!! :cheers:

I bought the Firehawks I have now from Tire Rack about 3 years ago. I was pleased w/ the transaction and even though I had a problem w/ a cut tire, they shipped me a new one right away. I'm very pleased with the Firehawk tires themselves too. I was 30 miles away from home and they got me home safely in a snowstorm that already dumped 3" by the time I hit the road. White knuckle, grip marks on the wheel kinda drivin' but I got home in 1 piece.

I would like to keep an open mind though about other suggestions. Tires are getting better and better every time I'm on the hunt for new ones. It's so hard to keep up when it's an item that only needs replacing every 3-4 years.

That time interval doesn't include you burnout Kings! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts