Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I bought this 96 LT4 last week from a dealer in O.C.. It was a one owner car and I would like to talk to the previous owner if I can track him/her down and they are OK talking with me.

Its missing a few bits and pieces.

The car was registered to someone in Yorba Linda CA.

Does anyone recognise this car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its missing the owner's kit with the owner's manual. The kit is a black bag with a pen and little flashlight.
I also want to know things like if it has an LT4 hotcam etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In addition...........
It was a one owner car, about 45k miles. I would just like to get a handle on the service history.
I guess this is the trouble with buying from a dealer and not the owner - the service history and modification history become unknown.
Nevertheless, the car appears to be very stock and much loved by someone.
I spent half a day cleaning all the tar off the inside of the wheels, which are virtually flawless and unmarked. But I noticed that there had been at least two sets of balancing weights applied prior to the current set. So was the guy really anal about tyres and replacing them every 10k miles no matter what their state? Or was he burning them up in drift competitions? The latter seems improbable given the tightness of the car.......

I would love to contact the former owner and I'm just hoping he/she might put their hand up....

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should be able to fill out a form and pay $10 or so at the DMV (or is it BMV?) that will get you the last decade of owner information. Then you could just call or send a letter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts