Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure I have narrowed my after market exhaust choice down to the Magnaflow 15884 system. I don't wan't real loud, just nice deep sound on acceleration and little more db's at cruise. For those that have this exact system, are you experiencing any drone at cruising speeds?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am pretty sure I have narrowed my after market exhaust choice down to the Magnaflow 15884 system. I don't wan't real loud, just nice deep sound on acceleration and little more db's at cruise. For those that have this exact system, are you experiencing any drone at cruising speeds?
I have that system on my car and love the way it sounds with the longtubes but i do have the drone at highway cruising speeds but i believe all the aftermarket catbacks have some drone to them just some more than others IMO.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the Magnaflow #15884 system on my 2005 C6 Vert A4/3.15.
NO DRONE, nice deep sound, just a little too quiet for me.

I have Borla Stingers on my 2006 C6 Vert manual tranny, they are perfect for me, but might be too aggressive for some.

I have had Corsa Sports #14169s on 3 C6s, nice sound, no drone, but also too quiet for me.

I had B&B Bullets on the 2005 with the Magnaflows, after 2 weeks they were history. Talk about DRONE!:surprised

Howard

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have Magnaflow 15884 w/Halltech CAI. No drone, they are louder then stock, but let's not confuse drone with simply hearing your aftermarket exhaust. I too was very critical about sound, wanting low throaty tone, but not obnoxious. These sound great, I wouldn't mind if they packed in a little more and were a bit louder. Nice rumble at idle, quiet cruising, and great during acceleration. Rolling at 55 with windows up and radio on, but very low, you won't even notice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Exhaust

The Magnaflow sounds great...Nice deep tone and gives off a performance sound when accelerating...Louder than styock, but not like bumble bees like the Corsa...I'll be installing Kooks headers and Random cats next week and I am expecting a nice deep powerful sound when put together..

Rowdy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Magnaflows and LG Long tubes with high flow cats and love the setup. I did have a little resonance in our M6 car at 1500 rpm that was bothersome on the 60 mph loop we drive every day. I added a pair of 2-1/2" x 14" long Dynomax Race Bullets just ahead of the loop up over the axles and this eliminated enough of the resonance to make it a perfect system. We just drove this setup on a 2700 mile trip to/from the Corvette Museum and it was perfect.

Even without the Race Bullets, there is no drone at 70 mph in 6th gear, just at 60-65 mph. If you don't do much driving in the 1500 rpm range, then the Magnaflow axle back alone may be perfect for you with headers. Note also that mine has the LG high flow cats and LG x-pipe, and the system will sound different with the stock x-pipe and no headers or with the Magnaflow x-pipe.

Here is a photo.
http://pages.suddenlink.net/joelynch/CorvetteC6/bullets.JPG

Joe

·
Registered
237 Posts
The Magnaflow sounds great...Nice deep tone and gives off a performance sound when accelerating...Louder than styock, but not like bumble bees like the Corsa...I'll be installing Kooks headers and Random cats next week and I am expecting a nice deep powerful sound when put together..

Rowdy
So how did the install go? Happy with the results? How about sound clips? :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Header install

The install will be done tomorrow...Had to wait for the 02 sensor extensions...Also installed Hurricane air induction system and 160 degree thermostat...The car should now breathe and run at a cooler temperature...I'm having it put on a dyno and having it tuned next Thursday at SLP...Should be in the 450 HP range...Will try and get sound clip...

Rowdy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts