Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think there will a Pontiac Firebird built on the same platform as the new Camaro, or are the GTO and Solstice an indication that Pontiac has all their 'halo' cars already?

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
they'll be bringing back the GTO name again....not the firebird...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I think a Trans Am like this would look awesome!!! I think it looks better than the Camaro.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I still think the GTO should have like an LS7 in it. It'd be freak'n sweet and it's weight would keep it from stepping on the vettes toes but still be good enough to whoop on the euro imports and the Challenger. But back on topic... I love the TA's too me they always had that attitude that camaro didn't. They were low, wide, and had enough balls to get you from point A to B in no time. Sure they shared the same body parts with Camaro but they were two distinct different cars with different followings.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think a Trans Am like this would look awesome!!! I think it looks better than the Camaro.

That looks incredible! Way nicer than the Camaro concept (which I'm not that excited about in general).

You would think a Firebird would be a no-brainer for GM. GTO sales have been slow and the new one will likely continue this trend, being yet another re-badged Holden. The Firebird has such recognition, plus it's a few plastic exterior bits away from -being- the Camaro, which they are already committing to build. Come on, bring back the Camaro's cool cousin too!

·
DC Crew
2,503 Posts
That looks incredible! Way nicer than the Camaro concept (which I'm not that excited about in general).

You would think a Firebird would be a no-brainer for GM. GTO sales have been slow and the new one will likely continue this trend, being yet another re-badged Holden. The Firebird has such recognition, plus it's a few plastic exterior bits away from -being- the Camaro, which they are already committing to build. Come on, bring back the Camaro's cool cousin too!
I think the reason there will be only the Camaro is becasue GM doesnt want to compete with itself when sales are already down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.