Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost every time I'm out in the 72 somebody wants to play. Even vans and suv's wanna play stop light drag. It's not my imagination. When we're out in the 95 or the T-Bird, hardly ever do I encounter these type of folks. But in the 72 I can bank on it. They just try to goose me on to see what she'll do.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dude..this happens to me all the time. Even had and older gentleman yelling at me..standing in traffic. Didn't hear him intially, had to turn down my tunes. All he wanted to know was the year and to tell me it was a very clean and nice looking car!

Yup and get the yo yo's that want to race all the time. Isn't it sweet. You have a 22 y/o car and it looks so fast sitting still ppl are still intimidated by them. I love it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Happens to me all the time. Even had a Datsun pickup with the rear bumper dragging on the pavement try to run me. Best one was an older lady in a new exploder,think she scared herself when she left the stoplight with her front wheels slightly turned. T

·
Registered
110 Posts
Testing....

·
Registered
110 Posts
biltogo said:
Almost every time I'm out in the 72 somebody wants to play. Even vans and suv's wanna play stop light drag. It's not my imagination. When we're out in the 95 or the T-Bird, hardly ever do I encounter these type of folks. But in the 72 I can bank on it. They just try to goose me on to see what she'll do.
RESPONSE:

Yes...now i think of it....i get import cars getting very close to my rear . I suspect they want to either see me reallllly go , or, they are jealous and want to rile me up. In either case...i just do the speed limit or 5 mph under it . There was one time however...that these 2 teenagers were in this old two-barrel something and when they pulled up beside me going about 40 mph , they put it in neutral and revved thier engine to a very high rpm to get my attention ; when i looked over at them, i motioned for them to 'hit it'...and they did---so did i !!
It was the only time i came out of 3rd gear going 85 mph. (i think you know the ending to the story....).

Dave

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: Re: Does this happen to you?

SwaveDave said:
RESPONSE:

Yes...now i think of it....i get import cars getting very close to my rear . I suspect they want to either see me reallllly go , or, they are jealous and want to rile me up. In either case...i just do the speed limit or 5 mph under it . There was one time however...that these 2 teenagers were in this old two-barrel something and when they pulled up beside me going about 40 mph , they put it in neutral and revved thier engine to a very high rpm to get my attention ; when i looked over at them, i motioned for them to 'hit it'...and they did---so did i !!
It was the only time i came out of 3rd gear going 85 mph. (i think you know the ending to the story....).

Dave
Hey neighbor! I'm in Gurnee.... I'd sure like to check out your beast sometime. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yep happens all the time, not many people see the C3's on the road and want to see what they can do. Funniest time was some old ladies in a 86 fire-bird, funny as hell after we went from a stop light they were suprised a 77 could beat them in a drag race :laughing:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
don't really have anyone mess with me in the '80.....its slow cause of the gear but sounds like it would be fast because of the cam...i can't wait until the new gear is in the car

·
Registered
26 Posts
I get the imports all the time. You can see it comming, they pull up to the light and rev up to get the fart can really loud. I eliminate them one at a time. Why is it that some punk will put a muffler on a car and think he has a 10 second car?

My favorite reaction is from the older guys driving the family minivan. They always look at me with jealousy!!!:D

·
Banned
291 Posts
i haven't had to deal with it too much. Most of the ricers i see are going in a different direction. I do make sure to laugh and point at them.

·
Registered
746 Posts
biltogo said:
I feel left out. Nobody bothers me. I tried making a sleeper but everyone can see through my disguise.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: Does this happen to you?

norvalwilhel said:
I feel left out. Nobody bothers me. I tried making a sleeper but everyone can see through my disguise.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does this happen to you?
It's almost time for new tires! Now that I have the BRAND NEW motor I can actually squawk the tires and have young boys in Mustangs chasing me again! Fells pretty damn good for an old lady about to turn 50 and gives new meaning for the name FLYING COLORS!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Since I havn't found my perfect vette just yet I can see what you guys mean. A friend of mine has a 70 chevy half ton with a 327 vette engine in it...when we go out cruising we always get the imports looking for a race
Fortunatly there is no replacement for displacement...beat those civics all the time...lol:nuts:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Opposite experience

I have yet to have this happen to me. Everytime I go out in my '69, I get people letting me in to traffic, yielding when they don't have to, and in general, get a lot more space from other drivers than when driving my SUV.

Maybe they're afraid it'll explode! It doesn't look THAT bad for being mostly original with probably over 250k miles on it!

I'll upload some pictures, including my road-gravel mod and my too-close-to-the-garage-door mod.

It's a great car to drive, won't be winning any races or presentation awards, but when the sky is clear and it's not too cold, it puts a big SE grin on my face!

I've been reading posts on this site for a few months, and finally signed up and posted something, so 'hello' to all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts