Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I like the springs on the T/A to spring bolts. Looks like a good idea, and cheap too.:thumbsup:

I guess those springs would be good for track use only?

Looks like those springs would limit the up/down sliding on the spring bolt. How much up/down movement would you see at normal driving on the highway or street? If you hit a bump or rut with those springs, would it help or hinder the suspension?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I guess those springs would be good for track use only?

Looks like those springs would limit the up/down sliding on the spring bolt. How much up/down movement would you see at normal driving on the highway or street? If you hit a bump or rut with those springs, would it help or hinder the suspension?
My feeling is it would maintain the "marraige" of T/A and spring. A good thing.
I feel the sliding up and down of the bolt is unwanted at any time. The shock most likely prevents this anyhow, but a spring like that would not weigh nothing. Anyone else? I cannot see any harm at all.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
My books do list the spring rates for some springs

Prod front spring Part 346939 280#
RPO F41 front Part 3832518 550#
Daytona front Part 3986036 860#

Prod. rear Part 356825 140#
F-41 rear Part 354130 305#

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
My books do list the spring rates for some springs

Prod front spring Part 346939 280#
RPO F41 front Part 3832518 550#
Daytona front Part 3986036 860#

Prod. rear Part 356825 140#
F-41 rear Part 354130 305#
TT. I am talking about the red springs in his picture that are between the rear spring and the trailing arms, over the bolts. Your opinion?

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Oh, those keep the spring from jumping.

I accomplished the same thing on my car (when I still had that stock junk in the rear ;) ) and on a buddies car w/ an extra nut and an extra cushion and washer. I used the much longer C4 bolts, installed them just like stock at the top but used the little sway bar mounting plate (threaded plate) this keeps the bolt from being able to move up. Then I first threaded a lock nut onto the lower part of the bolt, followed by a washer and cushion, then the spring and anotehr washer and cushion.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
who gives a crap about looks, if it works, it works.

SAME EXACT 'TUDE' as me......my paint is 20 years old, the newest portions are patch jobs.....the hood is ten years old in the Florida sun....

pictures are VERY kind...VERY....

under the hood is in constant turmoil, change after change, on end for 12 years now....wonder who has the longest running car project here, I toss my hat in that ring for 12 years.....but I talking serious mod work and driving it also, not some garage queen setting around till dust is 1/2 inch thick....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts