Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get water past the wheel well seals and the battery area, including the MAF power and burn-off relays get's nasty. :surprised I have the same problem w/ the passenger side.

Is this the nature of the beast or do I have a problem?

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I really haven't seen that with my car, bubba. And, I took out the little water protector flaps that go around the shocks (they were falling off).

My motor will get road grme on it over time... but never gets nasty at all. I don't have issues with water getting through... my battery looks fine. I ocassionally wipe it off.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Nope..... never

how about this, I notice my headlights seem to get a film over them and I can't figure that one out. :huh:

·
Registered
990 Posts
both lights.....kind of an oily film

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not too familiar with the LT1/4 engine bay and we are seriously lacking 1996 GS engine shots in the Gallery.

The only thing I can think of that would hit both sides is coolant. Do you smell coolant but don't see any drops?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Is there any residue on the underside of the hood or just the headlights??

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I voted yes, but after reading your post, it does'nt get water and dirt like your talking about, just normal engine bay dirt, needs to be wiped off once in a while. :)

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It must be my seals b/c my underhood behind the wheel wells get's bordline muddy. I even tried to put silicone grease on them to try to get them to seal better and that didn't do a thing. :(

·
Registered
990 Posts
War Machine said:
I'm not too familiar with the LT1/4 engine bay and we are seriously lacking 1996 GS engine shots in the Gallery.

The only thing I can think of that would hit both sides is coolant. Do you smell coolant but don't see any drops?
Don't really see anything or smell anything either. The hood doesn't seem to have anything on it either, maybe its just from the road?????:huh:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I open the hood any time I wash the car off. If the battery is dirty, I'll clean it. It never seems to get dirty though.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Michael Malone Smith said:
Don't really see anything or smell anything either. The hood doesn't seem to have anything on it either, maybe its just from the road?????:huh:
That's a stumper. :(

I can't believe it's coming from the road b/c they are pretty well protected under the hood but stranger things have happened.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
War Machine said:
That's a stumper. :(

I can't believe it's coming from the road b/c they are pretty well protected under the hood but stranger things have happened.
Yea, you sucked up an entire forest of fallen leaves into your radiator. Your car is generally... strange.:laughing:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Bob88con said:
I voted yes, but after reading your post, it does'nt get water and dirt like your talking about, just normal engine bay dirt, needs to be wiped off once in a while. :)
:agree:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Yep, that's a strange one, mine get's a little dusty but that's about it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dusty, but not dirty.:buhbye:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts