Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine did. has done it for a while. Wrote it off as the big tire upfront syndrome.

So something else to look at for the older cars.. There are two bolts underneath the upper control arms. They had top lock nuts (not the nyloc type) on them but were loose enough to turn by hand on one side and there was a gap between the cradle and the frame. 86 FSM says to tighten to 37lbs. They are grade 8 bolts 10mm X 1.50 with 15mm heads.

how I found it...just got new tires on it and they checked my alignment.. it was off up front again in less than 4 months since last alignment --due to swapping rear suspension parts.

So I dug into it.. The engine cradle bolts were loose to the touch and there were no shims to be had on one side!!

Fixed them this weekend and got another alignment. Now it seems a lot more solid..

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
275 all around

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
interesting, mine does that but not bad enough for me to chase it. I'll check those bolts. Thanks

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
....yeah, same thing here too, did a slightly narrower tire when
I replaced all 4 about 2 months ago, that all went away.....:D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one with this problem, I thought it was my car. These RI streets are horrible get a bit nerves at times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts