Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happens all the time to me, it happened with my 98 coupe and now with the vert. The 98 had base air, no climate control.

It was low 80's tonight and quite humid so I left the top up and put the air on, set it at 68 degrees, with the vents blowing out of dash and at floor. NOT defrost or towards windshield yet the outside windshield "fogs" up right above the defrost vent in dash. Wipers need to be used. It happens using outside air or recirculating. Anyone else have this happen and if you do/did other than use the wipers how do/did you solve it?

It's really a pisser when the car is spotless and you gotta use the wipers and the windshield looks like crap.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
:lookinup: nope,not mine:rolleyes:

·
Registered
335 Posts
That really pisses me off.

This happens to me all the time also. It has happened to every GM vehicle I have ever owned. My Tahoe does it, a grand am I once had it did it, an s-10 did it. BUT when it happens in the corvette that I just spent 4 hours cleaning, man I’m ready to kill someone. I have no idea what the problem is. Maybe it is the area we live in. Maybe it is the windshields. I owned a dodge for 2 years and it only happened a couple of times, nothing like the GM’s.

Can any one out there shed some light on this subject.

I’m pissed now just thinking about it.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,524 Posts
My 2K hasn't done it but I've had numerous other GM cars that did exactly that.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
someone once told me mine does'nt fog because i have the radio antena option were the wire is in the windshield.i like that option,nothing stickin out of the body panels.i have no idea if what was said was true.but i highly doubt it.:laughing:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
i'm looking at a copy of my option sheet but all the option on the left column/side of the page are broken up and i cant read the number.this car has every option except the 6-cd changer.oh,and no side molding-and i dont like the molding.:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
My Grand Am does that exact thing all the time. However, I think mine is because the heater coil is about to go burst because I smell antifreeze when the heater is being used.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am soooo happy to know it isn't just me.

I am gonna try Rain X on the shield, at least the wind should blow the condensastion off with out using the wipers.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Sounds like the vacuum doors on the defroster are'nt closing completely, letting a little cold air blow directly on the windshield, thats what causes the condensation. :)

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is most certainly air blowing up there. Don't know if I want the dash torn apart to fix it. But it is under warranty....

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first post here but I hope it helps.

I had this happen to my C-5. Drove me crazy. Had small amount of A/C going to the window even though it was set to the floor.

My mechanic spent a lot of time to find the gasket around the door that shuts off flow to the window was thinner in several places. He replaced that gasket and the door and I think the box the door fits into. Problem solved.

The dash has to come apart for this fix.

Good luck:(

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
makes sense to me,welcome to the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts