Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would never go back to them again. They caused $6000 worth of ecm and wire harness damages to my car and Don't have any insurance to compensate me for the damages. Stay clear of these jokers. I dropped my car off for a new engine install that they sold me. I drove 4 hours into Delaware to pick my car up because they told me it was ready. I paid them the rest of the money I owed them. When I went to grab the car they told me it was not starting and there is a problem. Months of them diagnosing what they did and dropping the car off at a dealer to fix there mistakes. They tell me my engine wire harness is faulty and needs to be replaced. They stated my car was the problem not them. The same harness that went bad needed to be removed and installed when they did the engine. If they didn't do it.c Why is it that I found multiple modifications made to my harness to make your engine work as well as multiple probe marks and exposed wires from instillation of a crank trigger adapter. What ever they did shorted my harness and the car had to be towed home. It wont even run STAY CLEAR OF THESE GUYS.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does dont let anyone fool you. LOL but the fact that they won't give me their insurance info if they even have insurance is prove they messed up. Will see what happens after my lawyer gets involved.

·
Banned
2,749 Posts
All my years of turning wrenches I have never had to replace an engine wiring harness. I find the breaks & repair. Silver Solder & heat shrink tight. Reassemble the wiring harness.
If you were closer to me within 100 miles I could do it on the spot.
Might take me a few hours to track down & repair.
Likely do it for $200 + my gasoline travel cost.
I like tough wiring repair jobs.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All my years of turning wrenches I have never had to replace an engine wiring harness. I find the breaks & repair. Silver Solder & heat shrink tight. Reassemble the wiring harness.
If you were closer to me within 100 miles I could do it on the spot.
Might take me a few hours to track down & repair.
Likely do it for $200 + my gasoline travel cost.
I like tough wiring repair jobs.

I'm not exsaderating a good 5 wires and about 6 feet of harness are charred and melted including the pass through firewall connector.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dave brought in his 2006 GTO for us to install a used 10,000 mile LS2 we had removed from a customer’s 2006 Corvette. His GTO had the stock LS2 with a Magnuson supercharger. Dave had stated some shop had changed the oil and did not put enough oil back in and/or installed the incorrect oil filter. When the vehicle was towed down to have the swap performed, the vehicle did not run well at all. We assumed it was due to the faulty engine. It was driven off the tow truck and into the shop where it wasn’t started again. We spoke to the shop that changed the oil and stated what we found when we drained the old oil. There was noticeable signs of bearing material in the oil and it was our opinion that lack of oil and/or oil pressure was the likely cause. We removed the complete engine out of the vehicle and the only thing that was swapped over was the oil pan. After re-installing the engine, we flashed the ECU back to stock. At this time, the remote would not recognize the ignition. After purchasing two remotes and trying to sync both, the vehicle would still not start. We paid to have the vehicle towed to and from to the GM dealership and paid to have the 3 remotes synced the vehicle. They determined there was an issue with the BCM control module and had to erase everything in order to re-sync the remotes to the PIM control module. We paid for the all of the dealership repairs. We got the vehicle back from the dealership and installed the Lingenfelter 58x to 24x conversion box. The 2006 Corvettes have a 58x crankshaft and the 2006 GTO’s have a 24x crankshaft. We did not charge Dave for this part or installation. For anyone who has one, they are plug and play with no cutting or soldering needed. After this was installed, the vehicle started, but did not run very well. In fact, it ran the same way it did when it originally came in. We chalked it up the first time to being a faulty motor. We were not told to perform or check over anything with the old set-up. Dave was going to sell the Magnuson and not re-install it on his GTO. We began diagnosing and found the wiring harness under the dash melted and deteriorated in multiple places. Someone had wired 4 aftermarket gauges, as well as the Boost-A-Pump for the Magnuson supercharger to ONE power source and ONE ground source. So there was 5 items all drawing power from the same source. At this point, we determined that it was not the fault of Race Proven Motorsports for damaged wiring harness, but the fault of whoever installed the gauges and the Boost-A-Pump. After emailing Dave multiple pictures of the damaged wiring harness, he requested that we tow the vehicle back to his residence (which we covered the first 100 miles of tow free of charge) We have always stood behind our work and go above and beyond for our customers. This was an unusual case where the customer brought us a vehicle that had two separate issues with neither being related. We did not have to “cut” or “splice” any wiring in when swapping over the engines.

·
Banned
2,749 Posts
I'm not exsaderating a good 5 wires and about 6 feet of harness are charred and melted including the pass through firewall connector.
Excuse my French.....
Bad ****ing Jackoff Mechanic(s) !
How ****en stupid are they ?
A horses Asshole has more **** for brains.

You should beat the living crap out of them.
I would.

My bud Steve in Jersey too is getting ****ed over by a mechanic there.
Called me a few nights ago. His C4 Racecar.

How can you be to blame ??? WTF !

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Sorry, but I can't read a single line that has 24 000 characters.

Put in some return carriages

Dave brought in his 2006 GTO for us to install a used 10,000 mile LS2 we had removed from a customer’s 2006 Corvette.

His GTO had the stock LS2 with a Magnuson supercharger.

Dave had stated some shop had changed the oil and did not put enough oil back in and/or installed the incorrect oil filter.

When the vehicle was towed down to have the swap performed, the vehicle did not run well at all. We assumed it was due to the faulty engine. It was driven off the tow truck and into the shop where it wasn’t started again. We spoke to the shop that changed the oil and stated what we found when we drained the old oil. There was noticeable signs of bearing material in the oil and it was our opinion that lack of oil and/or oil pressure was the likely cause. We removed the complete engine out of the vehicle and the only thing that was swapped over was the oil pan.

After re-installing the engine, we flashed the ECU back to stock.

At this time, the remote would not recognize the ignition.

After purchasing two remotes and trying to sync both, the vehicle would still not start.

We paid to have the vehicle towed to and from to the GM dealership and paid to have the 3 remotes synced the vehicle.

They determined there was an issue with the BCM control module and had to erase everything in order to re-sync the remotes to the PIM control module. We paid for the all of the dealership repairs. We got the vehicle back from the dealership and installed the Lingenfelter 58x to 24x conversion box.

The 2006 Corvettes have a 58x crankshaft and the 2006 GTO’s have a 24x crankshaft. We did not charge Dave for this part or installation.

For anyone who has one, they are plug and play with no cutting or soldering needed.

After this was installed, the vehicle started, but did not run very well. In fact, it ran the same way it did when it originally came in. We chalked it up the first time to being a faulty motor. We were not told to perform or check over anything with the old set-up.

Dave was going to sell the Magnuson and not re-install it on his GTO.

We began diagnosing and found the wiring harness under the dash melted and deteriorated in multiple places.

Someone had wired 4 aftermarket gauges, as well as the Boost-A-Pump for the Magnuson supercharger to ONE power source and ONE ground source.

So there was 5 items all drawing power from the same source. At this point, we determined that it was not the fault of Race Proven Motorsports for damaged wiring harness, but the fault of whoever installed the gauges and the Boost-A-Pump.

After emailing Dave multiple pictures of the damaged wiring harness, he requested that we tow the vehicle back to his residence (which we covered the first 100 miles of tow free of charge) We have always stood behind our work and go above and beyond for our customers.

This was an unusual case where the customer brought us a vehicle that had two separate issues with neither being related. We did not have to “cut” or “splice” any wiring in when swapping over the engines.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Assuming Fran is telling the truth, I'm on fence and am not too sure about who's responsible here.

I will say this, you can't just add an extra load on any wire of the car without first checking if you are within specs (from a current draw) of said wire.

If somebody did indeed connect several non-OEM components that do draw some current on an existing wire, well then, Dave looks like you need to take your beef to the dude who did just that (irrespective of who it is).

Best of luck,

:cheers:

ps: The extra wire that is not insulated is not OEM nor GM approved; all wires in the car are insulated by themselves.

·
Banned
2,749 Posts
This Your GTO Or Corvette ??
I do things different.
I check All.
Top to Bottom.
I would have made sure a Painless or MOROSO 5-7 Toggle switch control center was in place. All circuits on Breakers dedicated to all Vital functions. High amp relays used.
Just like a 8.0 second Drag Car. Street driven too.
End result of not checking all & doing as I stated.
Customer still got ****ed.

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Dave brought in his 2006 GTO for us to install a used 10,000 mile LS2 we had removed from a customer’s 2006 Corvette. His GTO had the stock LS2 with a Magnuson supercharger. Dave had stated some shop had changed the oil and did not put enough oil back in and/or installed the incorrect oil filter. When the vehicle was towed down to have the swap performed, the vehicle did not run well at all. We assumed it was due to the faulty engine. It was driven off the tow truck and into the shop where it wasn’t started again. We spoke to the shop that changed the oil and stated what we found when we drained the old oil. There was noticeable signs of bearing material in the oil and it was our opinion that lack of oil and/or oil pressure was the likely cause. We removed the complete engine out of the vehicle and the only thing that was swapped over was the oil pan. After re-installing the engine, we flashed the ECU back to stock. At this time, the remote would not recognize the ignition. After purchasing two remotes and trying to sync both, the vehicle would still not start. We paid to have the vehicle towed to and from to the GM dealership and paid to have the 3 remotes synced the vehicle. They determined there was an issue with the BCM control module and had to erase everything in order to re-sync the remotes to the PIM control module. We paid for the all of the dealership repairs. We got the vehicle back from the dealership and installed the Lingenfelter 58x to 24x conversion box. The 2006 Corvettes have a 58x crankshaft and the 2006 GTO’s have a 24x crankshaft. We did not charge Dave for this part or installation. For anyone who has one, they are plug and play with no cutting or soldering needed. After this was installed, the vehicle started, but did not run very well. In fact, it ran the same way it did when it originally came in. We chalked it up the first time to being a faulty motor. We were not told to perform or check over anything with the old set-up. Dave was going to sell the Magnuson and not re-install it on his GTO. We began diagnosing and found the wiring harness under the dash melted and deteriorated in multiple places. Someone had wired 4 aftermarket gauges, as well as the Boost-A-Pump for the Magnuson supercharger to ONE power source and ONE ground source. So there was 5 items all drawing power from the same source. At this point, we determined that it was not the fault of Race Proven Motorsports for damaged wiring harness, but the fault of whoever installed the gauges and the Boost-A-Pump. After emailing Dave multiple pictures of the damaged wiring harness, he requested that we tow the vehicle back to his residence (which we covered the first 100 miles of tow free of charge) We have always stood behind our work and go above and beyond for our customers. This was an unusual case where the customer brought us a vehicle that had two separate issues with neither being related. We did not have to “cut” or “splice” any wiring in when swapping over the engines.

(Sorry, couldn't get the quote function to work?)

But not knowing the caliber of shop, I only have a few question?

Why didn't a competent mechanic find this wiring issue first, and then make note of it to the owner since that was probably his original fault to begin with. You took the words of the (non mechanic) operator as the fault with only looking into the oil? Anybody who would have opened the door and checked the codes would have seen an electrical issue from a mile away with that much burnt insulation. There "WOULD" have been many tales to lead a mechanic to a problem if only one had been looking.

Using the pictures you provided, a good mechanic would have seen this problem quickly and fixed it before even thinking about doing an engine swap.

Was a rod knocking the bearings were so bad? Was the oil pressure reading almost nill after warming up? What besides some debree in the oil made you think a poor running engine was bad. What mechanic would find a little debree and with no noticeable knock decide the engine needed replacing when it ran poorly. With no knock in the engine and oil pressure holding, he should have performed a cylinder pressure test and then a leak down test. What was the results of those tests?

I am sorry Sir, but without some better excuse other than he brought it to us this way....your mechanic or you or whomever diagnosed this issue, should have found this wiring issue first.

:down:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car doesn't even run you gave it back non running. When the car went to your dealership. They stated there was no damage to the wire harness. They verified this by being able to program the ECM bcm and key fob. The damages happened after you got the car back from the dealer. The car ran fine just made a slight tapping noise when I gave you the car. Which is why I had the engine replaced. On top of this there was no check engine lights as well as an insurance adjuster looked at the car before I sent it to you verifying there was no electrical issues. You are at fault and should have given your insurance information but choose not to.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The car doesn't even run you gave it back non running. When the car went to your dealership. They stated there was no damage to the wire harness. They verified this by being able to program the ECM bcm and key fob. The damages happened after you got the car back from the dealer. The car ran fine just made a slight tapping noise when I gave you the car. Which is why I had the engine replaced. On top of this there was no check engine lights as well as an insurance adjuster looked at the car before I sent it to you verifying there was no electrical issues. You are at fault and should have given your insurance information but choose not to.
On top of that they stated the car was finished with no issue a few days prior to me traveling 4 hours to their shop to get the car. When I went to take the car hope it was never started the fluid were not in the vehicle and they couldn't get it to run. Mind you they stated the car was finished I have emails to prov this. Race proven motorsports should do the honorable thing and fix my car or have their insurance come out and compensate me dp for the damages.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On top of that they stated the car was finished with no issue a few days prior to me traveling 4 hours to their shop to get the car. When I went to take the car hope it was never started the fluid were not in the vehicle and they couldn't get it to run. Mind you they stated the car was finished I have emails to prov this. Race proven motorsports should do the honorable thing and fix my car or have their insurance come out and compensate me dp for the damages.
Thos gauges are wired into an ignition feed inside the cabin of the car and have no damage or wiring issues. The gauges work as well. On top of that the main wire that was damaged was the hot lead heading to the revers switch on the trans this wire was probed by them and arched to another wire causing the damages. This wire runs through the engine harness to the switch. They used this wire to power the crank conversion box. It's still caused by their negligence.

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
When the car went to your dealership. They stated there was no damage to the wire harness. They verified this by being able to program the ECM bcm and key fob.
Which harness is damaged now. The one to the ecm or bcm? This was a question I had as well.

The damages happened after you got the car back from the dealer. The car ran fine just made a slight tapping noise when I gave you the car. Which is why I had the engine replaced..
How did they decide it was the engine and not something in the valve train? Also, this is why I am questioning the harness.

On top of this there was no check engine lights as well as an insurance adjuster looked at the car before I sent it to you verifying there was no electrical issues. You are at fault and should have given your insurance information but choose not to.

What they should have done was diagnosed it completely and fixed it right to begin with. Should have ran like a champ when it left their shop with you knowing all the problems to begin with along with all the costs to fix it.

That's how its done.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Which harness is damaged now. The one to the ecm or bcm? This was a question I had as well.

How did they decide it was the engine and not something in the valve train? Also, this is why I am questioning the harness.

What they should have done was diagnosed it completely and fixed it right to begin with. Should have ran like a champ when it left their shop with you knowing all the problems to begin with along with all the costs to fix it.

That's how its done.
It's the engine harness.

They varified it was the bottom end by supposedly finding a ton of metal in the oil.

I feel the same way. They should do the honorable thing and give me their insurance information and allow the insurance to fix my car. It has been in my garage since I got the car back months ago. An adjuster came about and appraised the damages to the car. The adjuster also varified the car was damaged by them as well as the car was in a drivable usable state before race proven Motorsport "fixed" the car. And all there was is a tapping noise prior to it going to them.

·
Banned
2,749 Posts
You need An ASE Certified Mechanic, ASE L1 Advanced Driveabilty Specialist, ASE Gasoline & Diesel Assembly Specialist , & I have an AAS In Electronics Technology ....ME to Sign off legal paperwork I can Do.
Let JUNK know.
I will scan & Email Documents to him. He will forward to your Lawyer.
Will stand up in Court of Law.

Brian R.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You need An ASE Certified Mechanic, ASE L1 Advanced Driveabilty Specialist, ASE Gasoline & Diesel Assembly Specialist , & I have an AAS In Electronics Technology ....ME to Sign off legal paperwork I can Do.
Let JUNK know.
I will scan & Email Documents to him. He will forward to your Lawyer.
Will stand up in Court of Law.

Brian R.
I Agree 100% Race proven motorsports should show everyone on this forum they are reputable and honorable by fixing my car. And I will post truthfully of they contact me and do so. They can either have their adjuster come out and asses the damage so I can have the car fixed or they can fix it them selves. But they should respond in a positive way to show all of their potential customers they care and will back up their name. Other wise I feel sorry for a company that is run that way. If they choose to do nothing.

·
Banned
2,749 Posts
I Agree 100% Race proven motorsports should show everyone on this forum they are reputable and honorable by fixing my car. And I will post truthfully of they contact me and do so. They can either have their adjuster come out and asses the damage so I can have the car fixed or they can fix it them selves. But they should respond in a positive way to show all of their potential customers they care and will back up their name. Other wise I feel sorry for a company that is run that way. If they choose to do nothing.
His Insurance might go up making the claim
$20-50 per month.
Already mad.
I can embarrass all with cars, trucks, & Racecars. Other than Grumpy.
I am one You guys here.
Does he have insurance ???
I have ran a shop in the past too.

What's Race Proven ???
Show me Trophies, 100 K check payouts.
7 -8 Second 1/4 mile runs.
Road Races won.
Broke 300 mph.

BR

1 - 20 of 202 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.