Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darwin Award - 2002 Honorable Mention

Firefighters summoned to a Woodinville home arrived to find twenty-foot flames shooting out of two Chevy Astro vans. After quelling the gasoline-fed blaze with water, dry chemicals, and foam, they questioned the man responsible for the incident.

Turns out that our Honorable Mention winner decided to siphon gasoline with an electric wet'n'dry shop vac. Amazingly, he had managed to collect and transfer an entire bucketful of gasoline before an electrical spark ignited the fumes.

A safety spokesperson said, "This was an accident wafting to happen."

http://www.darwinawards.com/stupid/stupid2002-06.html

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Several years ago an employee of mine decided to remove the linoleum from his floors at home. The linoleum had been put over hardwood. The genius used gasoline to break up and remove the tarish glue! It got dark and he turned on the lights....you got it, the spark of the switch in the wall lit the fumes. Fortunately his pals were able to contain it until the FD got there and put it out.

I talked to the FD a few days later and they said that his antics were nothing...seems a kid a few blocks over had decided to "boil his carb", on the stove in ...yep, gas! :surprised That house (toast) was not as fortunate.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
where my brother works a kid spilled gas on the floor...well the brillant child decided to get the spilled gas up with an electric floor polisher...and better yet he started in the middle of the spill...i think you get the picture.....the kid was alright

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
Any similarity between the actual IQ of these people and any number over 50 is purely coincidental. People never cease to amaze me.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
Any similarity between the actual IQ of these people and any number over 50 is purely coincidental. People never cease to amaze me.
he casually replied. Meanwhile the Dueling Banjos theme from Deliverence played softly on the background....;) ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I boil my dinner in gasoline but I would never do that with a carb :D :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts