Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't going to post this but after a month of trying to get my money, I feel like I should. I sold a $200.00 BTO crossmember to Infiltrator for $50.00. Pretty good deal I thought. I even paid the freight. I was going to make $23.00 on the deal. After a month of trying to get my money, I still get nothing. He's not answering my PM's or anything. Beware of selling him any parts, cause you probably won't get paid. :WTFArt

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
wow what a tool, il keep that in mind since im going to be having tons of parts for sell here in a few months.

The old vette is soon to get gutted again;) this time it will be completed before it goes back together so im lookin at alot of downtime hopefully I will be deployed most of it.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I wasn't going to post this but after a month of trying to get my money, I feel like I should. I sold a $200.00 BTO crossmember to Infiltrator for $50.00. Pretty good deal I thought. I even paid the freight. I was going to make $23.00 on the deal. After a month of trying to get my money, I still get nothing. He's not answering my PM's or anything. Beware of selling him any parts, cause you probably won't get paid. :WTFArt

I'm guessing you sent the cross member before being paid?

Where does he live? Maybe a forum member that lives in his area might be able to chat him up a little bit and find out what's going on?

If nothing else, call the Sheriff in his town, and look into theft or fraud charges. Sometimes a local Sheriff will make a call or visit, and he might be compelled to pay you.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Where does he live? Maybe a forum member that lives in his area might be able to chat him up a little bit and find out what's going on?

If nothing else, call the Sheriff in his town, and look into theft or fraud charges. Sometimes a local Sheriff will make a call or visit, and he might be compelled to pay you.
Not worth the hassle. I just wanted to warn others so no one else would get ripped off. Art

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I can fully understand your anger after being ripped off but I have to ask, why would you ship the item before getting the money?

That being said, anyone who betrays the trust of another and rips them off is just a douche.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am a fan of Pay Pal for this very reason.

Sorry to hear you got ripped off! Did you send out the part before getting paid?

where does the buyer live? I'd pay him a visit if he's in my neck of the woods.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I can fully understand your anger after being ripped off but I have to ask, why would you ship the item before getting the money?

That being said, anyone who betrays the trust of another and rips them off is just a douche.
Well Ponch some of us just beleive in people. I always just throw some thing in the mail if some one needs it.

I am like Art just glad to help some one out, not trying to make money of fellow forum members.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts

Clearly he wasn't selling the part for profit. You'd think if you're helping someone out they wouldn't do you wrong. It's happened to me before too I know how you feel

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
What a bitch! Try to do good for some one and they take advantage of you. :down:

That said....never ship before you're paid.
Trust no one.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Clearly he wasn't selling the part for profit. You'd think if you're helping someone out they wouldn't do you wrong. It's happened to me before too I know how you feel
Selling for profit or just to break even doesn't matter, in the end he got shafted for no reason. I've been burned by people too and now there's no more Mr. nice guy, if you can believe that. :laughing:

I didn't ask you for your hotel money first when I hooked you up, did I....... :laughing:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts

I shipped some Breathless C4 front lights to a member. He sent agreed upon payment after receipt and inspection.
This Infiltrator guy made a deal, he should pay.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
You think that's bad

Pat got took for 400K !

Or So he says,

That should make you feel atleast alittle better

Bon

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I do business the same way and will continue to do so. I like to think there are more good then bad people and maybe he will come around.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
6,201 Posts
Not cool at all... :down:

In all my interactions with you guys, every one has proved to be good folk. Sad when one cheats another...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I do business the same way and will continue to do so. I like to think there are more good then bad people and maybe he will come around.:thumbsup:
I agree. I know there are more good people than bad people in the world, it's just that the bad people get all the press and attention. :down:

However, even within the Corvette Community, the only way I do business with private parties is through PayPal. Anyone can set up a fake user name, etc.

Sorry to hear about your bad deal.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
It seems nearly every time I trust someone, they betray it. This has happened to me several times in my life.

So now it's either pay up front, or if I do decide to "trust" them, it's with the full intention of never seeing the money again.

Sorry to see one of our members took advantage of your trust.

·
Registered
959 Posts

whats that old saying?????oh yea, "the pot calling the kettle black"

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.