Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Door Control module or actuator?

10K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bakersfield 
#1 ·
Hello all! I'm having some issues with my 99C5 that I need to fix. My passenger door will not lock or unlock electronically only by manual operation. How do I know if it is the door module inside the door or the actuator for the door? Thanks for your help. Marx

#2 ·
I am not sure what you mean by module.. But I would assume the problem is the actuator. Either way you will probably have to take the door apart to trouble shoot the problem.

#3 ·
I would test the circuit before buying anything. If you've got a loose/corroded connector, you get the same result. If you start replacing parts, you may buy stuff you don't need and still have the same problem.

#5 ·
try bumping or slamming the door. this sometimes works with windows that don't want to go up or down. in that case its usually a relay that is starting to work its way off the circuit board inside the door control module. I'm sure the power locks use relays in there as well, I would imagine they'd be susceptible to the same problem. if slamming the door allows it to work again for a while that's your problem. if you are handy with a soldering iron this problem is usually fixed by reinforcing the solder bonds from the relays to the circuit board inside the module.

I don't speak from experience though, this is one of the few common C5 problems that my car hasn't experienced.

now that I've said that I guess I have to be prepared to get my soldering iron out in a week or less...

#6 ·
Common problem with the C5. The relays in the door control module wear out and need to be replaced. If you fee like it, you can always swap the passenger side module with the drivers. If the problem travels to the other door, then it is the module. Shoot me a PM if I can help you with the repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.