Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have vertical / lambo doors on your c3? what are your thoughts and are they really worth the money?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think it would be really neat and nice looking but a little out of the c3 class ????:lookinup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Class? You know thats one of the first parts they put on a donk?

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
i think they wont look nice on a c3 but i can be wrong would need to see pictures :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
lambo kit.

How much does the kit cost? How much work is involved to install them? How do they work? Hydraulic? Spring? Do they carry a warranty? These are some of the factors to consider. I've seen pictures of them on C3's, but never in person. From the pics they look really cool. In my opinion that would be one of the coolest things you could do to modernize your classic. This goes without saying that you are not concered much for the classic original status of your Vette, Am I correct? If keeping your Vette original is a factor here, then installing that door kit would be a big no-no. Just some things to consider. I would be interested in any info you do know about the kit.
ThanX

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
IMHO, ANYTHING that dosen't either make the car more reliable or improve performance gets a big ? But that's just me.

·
Registered
636 Posts
IMHO, ANYTHING that dosen't either make the car more reliable or improve performance gets a big ? But that's just me.

:agree:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
and then they aren't even lambo doors. Not one lamborghini ever left the factory with those silly double hinging doors. In fact, one open even in a similar fashion. They are wanna be ricer doors and look stupid at that. I have never seen a car that looked good with them installed. If I was the owner of lamborghini I'd sue anyone advertising those abominations as such, it's a disgrace to lamborghini.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
and then they aren't even lambo doors. Not one lamborghini ever left the factory with those silly double hinging doors. In fact, one open even in a similar fashion. They are wanna be ricer doors and look stupid at that. I have never seen a car that looked good with them installed. If I was the owner of lamborghini I'd sue anyone advertising those abominations as such, it's a disgrace to lamborghini.
Please explain. I was under the impression that the scissor doors were brought to us by Lambo.....I know the poster I had on my wall as a child of an all white Countach had scissor doors.

As for installing them on a C3........I wouldn't do it. I have always viewed any Corvette with them as a wannabe Lambo.......just my .02

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
The countach doors hinge straight up at the very front of the door, on top of the fender panel. They do not hinge up and to the sides like these things do. These things are just poser add ons that serve no function. You even have to open the door, move it open 9outboard a bit) and then hinge it up. The lambo's locking mechanism allows the doors to go open without moving them outboard first.

Also, I think the Bertone Carabo was the first to have those doors. The countach took them straight from that concept car.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
The countach doors hinge straight up at the very front of the door, on top of the fender panel. They do not hinge up and to the sides like these things do. These things are just poser add ons that serve no function. You even have to open the door, move it open 9outboard a bit) and then hinge it up. The lambo's locking mechanism allows the doors to go open without moving them outboard first.

Also, I think the Bertone Carabo was the first to have those doors. The countach took them straight from that concept car.
Ah yes, I know what you mean and I agree that they are very ricerish.

I imagine that the conversion would have to open out a bit since most swinging doors have a shape that would not allow them to swing straight up. Especially a C3 with it's rounded front edge of the door. Yet another reason it looks un-natural.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i did state vertical as well. the ones i have found are direct bolt ups with out any welding or modification and they pretty much hinge straight up without turning the door out well besides the little it has to go to clear the roof and uses two gas shocks to lift the door. the reason i am even considering getting them is to make it easier to get out of the car especially whenever im in a parking lot and the spaces are tight its almost impossible to get that long door all the way open which is what you have to do to get out comfortably and not maneuver your whole body round the door

·
Registered
636 Posts
............................................................ the reason i am even considering getting them is to make it easier to get out of the car especially whenever im in a parking lot and the spaces are tight.........................................................
In the extremely RARE occasion that I park the Corvette in a busy parking lot, it is ALWAYS parked out in the hinterlands where there are no other cars around it. Park it out there, get a little exercise, and save yourself a ton of money.
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't hate them as much as some ppl here, but would personally not spend my money on that when there is power to be gained...

However, my Ricer-Vette build would go as follows...
1. Lambo doors
2. Carbon fiber Supra hood, with some fitment work
3. RX-8 wankle motor
4. Carbon fiber dash, bezel and console
5. The matching 5-speed manual from the RX-8
6. Darkest tint on the windows
7. LCD monitors mounted in the back of each seat, so the ppl in the back seat can watch DVD's.
8. 1,000 CD disk changer mounted where the spare tire used to be.
9. NOPI guy stickers on the back window
10. NOPI guy doll hanging from rear view mirror.
11. NOPI bikini contest winner towed behind me on a 'bling' chain.
12. Oh yeah, can't forget the water bubble decals on my metalic hot pink paint job.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts