Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've read the same discussion literally a thousand times on many different sites.

It's always Positive Displacement vs. Centrifugal vs. Turbo vs. N/A

My vote is for the centrifugal if you have a manual tranny.

I LOVE TO DOWNSHIFT! That's why I have a manual transmission! I love how the car jerks and surges with power. Get the rev's up and floor it! You actually feel like you are racing.

Everyone says that the Positive Displacement superchargers are best for the street because the power is down low, where you do most of your driving. Lemme tell ya, when I want to go fast I'm gonna drop a gear (or 2) and hit the gas. Then shift as required.

Too much low speed torque means nothing but tire spin and loss of control. We have 350ci engines allready for God's sake. Most other cars are dealing with MUCH less.

I think automatics would do well with Positive Displacement. Also heard turbos are good with automatics.

Naturally aspirated, well, drivability seems to really suffer when you hog an engine out.

Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I run a 144 holly supercharger on a 383sbc with 6lb boost, thru a 650cfm edelbrock and have a 700r4 behind it. with a mild forced induction cam it has great drivablity on the street. and gets my 53 chevy down the track in about 12.5 with street tires...low end torque is off the scale with the low first gear of the 700r4, and it cruses at about 1500rpm in overdrive at 70mph...or about 17 mpg

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
I first did a H/C to mine and had o drivability issues, now I have the Maggie added with the H/C and still love the way it drives :devil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts