Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new set of rear tires, and since I do some light drag racing I'm thinking about getting some drag radials.

How are they in the rain? How are they "around town" ? I am thinking of the BFG Drag Radials

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Good choice.
I'm on my second set.:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Matt383 said:
Good choice.
I'm on my second set.:thumbsup:

What brand size etc.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am also on my second set, drove them down to the cords. When the M/T ET Streets come out in 17" size I want to compare them.
Warning do not drive with M/T's in the rain!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I had a set of Nittos in the past and they were a great drag radial. Really nice on the street and track.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
if the roads wet, stay home and keep your drag tires dry, remember- they (just) meet safty standards for wet roads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
GREAT review Pat, I hope everyone who is thinking about using these tires for dual purpose will reconsider after reading your input:)

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Cruise said:
GREAT review Pat, I hope everyone who is thinking about using these tires for dual purpose will reconsider after reading your input:)
Patrick,
When I posted earlier in this thread that I am on my second set, I should have clarified that I use my drag radials for drag racing.
That's it!
I would NEVER use these as an all pupose tire. I have three sets of wheels and tires for my car. My suggestion would be to get a set of light drag wheels (weld, Centerline, etc.) and mount the drag radials on them. Then switch for race day only!
Matt:buhbye:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I ran my Nitto drag radials all the time and the were fine in the rain, as long as you don't get stupid.

They do take longer to heat up but, once they are hot, they stick GREAT!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts