Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
My name is patrik and i write from sweden,
I wonder if any could help me "built up" a good rearend for my c3, the engine is a 406 around +500 hp, and I go with dragradials 275/60/15. I want to have good traction on the street.
what do you think of this setup?
360 rearspring, QA1 shocks, dragvettes six link, toms diff for stock 17 spline, stock 3" halfshafts with strong spiders, 30 spline outer axle, 4,11 ring pinion.
thanks for your help
patrik

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Hi Patrik,
I can help if you like.
The shocks are pretty good, I would use Tom's 6 link setup if that's what you want, a lot depends on how hard you're going to push the car.

500 hp is about the limit on a 10 bolt diff and that is a Super 10. Stock diff's won't hold up long to a lot of abuse at 500+ hp and sticky tires.

If you want the best then the 12 bolt setup is the way to go, 411 is available. My super 10 is about the best 10 bolt out there but that still pushing it once over 500 hp.

Tom's is no longer building and he refers people to me to help them out. I would use Tom's 30 spline inners and 31 spline outers for sure. You can look up all this work here, I've got it all here in the C3 Tech pages.

I guess the best test is this one, my kid tends to be abusive and here is one of my 12 bolts, 373s.

If you have questions let me know and I'll go over them with you:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wicked Video Gary .... what do you guys have for mufflers in those sidepipes ... whats under the hood ... sounds pretty healthy ....

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Open pipes, 350 with a mini blower on it, ST-10 4 spd, one of my 12 bolts w 373's.

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
G T

[ btw that was my call sign in the good old navy ] having a flash back sorry

question now ? you said about that C3 doing a burn out that it has a mini blower ??? what kind ?? thats been my dream for my C3 for 38 years is it a older motor or a newer one??

jim

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Jim
he's running a B&M 142 or 144 ( Weiand) you can find them in Summit or Jegs for about $2500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts