Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The group I run with are heading out tomorrow for the tail of the dragon. Two Madza MX5 ND’s a C5Z06 and my base C6 convertible. Hope I defeat the dragon this time. The last two trips the beast bested me by braking my shifter and my harmonic balancer respectively. This time I hope to be triumphant only time will tell. Will post pics in the last picture from my phone. Wish me luck it seems I need it.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,432 Posts
Make sure one of your group that is slower than you i in front of you then keep honking your horn at them

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talked to some Subaru guys and they were surprised that someone in a corvette drove fast. Stated they are usually slow and would not move over faster traffic. Made me kinda of disappointed we had that reputation.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well for the first time in three years the C6 held together. Made several round trips down and back up the dragon. Was driving the dog piss out of it keeping up with everyone in the group. You may not think it but those MX5’s are quite nimble and quick the short distances between curves up there. Had an absolute blast. Got three runs in particular where we didn’t have anyone in front to slow us down. Man we were booking. So comes the end of this years trip and the planing of next years. Oh almost forgot someone lost a custom Camaro yesterday 7/22 due to a fuel leak was told it burnt to the ground. No one was injured but was told the person had over 100k in the car sad news.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Side note talked to the guy that owned the C8R and put a bug in his ear about DC. He made a note in his phone and said he’d check it out. Keep your eyes peeled.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone with a C5 or 6 who plans on driving aggressively in the tail of the dragon should consider a radiator upgrade. The stock radiator just won’t handle the heat this motor generates and if you run an automatic a trans cooler is an absolute necessity plus if you have a C6 you need to bypass the transmission thermostat. If not you’ll run trans temps in the 230 to 250 range. Mine has got as high as 240 and I backed out of it to let the trans cool. These are all thing that I have learned from prior trips. I have specifically modified my C6 to run that road and still have work to do. My next upgrade is going to be brakes though the stock ones have not been an issue I figure they are getting close to being used up. Soooo EBC will be hearing from me. Until next spring the C6 will be a cruiser.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If anyone wants to see what four idiots driving through the dragon looks like. Youtube dragon run double duce. Would link it but haven't figured out how yet. I'm such a boomer but I will figure it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts