Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I've always wanted to own a corvette but couldn't afford it. maybe this time for my 40th birthday, i would get one. Maybe an auto loan would cover it? :D

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,478 Posts
Keep the dream alive. I was older than 40 what I got my 1st Vette

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
47, it REALLY is OK to sell the wife & kids to obtain a Corvette. But only for a Corvette! :partyon:

·
Registered
3 Posts

I've always wanted to own a corvette but couldn't afford it. maybe this time for my 40th birthday, i would get one. Maybe an auto loan would cover it? :D
Hi, True_Blue! I just signed in here and I'm also eyeing for a Corvette lately. Wow! That would be a nice gift to yourself. By the way, you are giving me an idea too. I 'm also thinking to borrow from a credit union or bank. My sister told me to apply for an auto loan. Perhaps, you could try it also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder what my wife would say if I take a loan to get a Corvette. :laughing: But maybe I can discuss it with her? California Coast has some pretty good auto loan rates. Anyone here who knows about credit unions? Are they really better than banks?

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
Ive owned a corvette of some type for almost the entire last 5 plus decades, but I've never been able to afford a new one,
that may in some ways have been a blessing in disguise,
as it forced me to increase my mechanical and deductive skills,
and vastly increase my inventory of tools.:thumbsup:
got my first one at age 20, had one almost all the years since with a few minor lapse,s between
I currently own a 1985 and 1996, Ive owned a 1959, 1968, 1974, 1976, 1992 in the past.
currently theres a good selection of used corvettes,
you might find a bargain if you shop carefully,
and avoid looking at corvettes that are only a year or two old.
(I regret selling the 1968)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Of course, I would not recommend going into debt, but if you it is for the dream, then it is permitted :) I have the experience of buying a car from another state. So what turned out to be a problem was transportation. I chose the best price, but about the fact that the car will need to be delivered somehow I didn't not particularly think. In the end, I found a very good company, they work throughout the country, transport cars. I saved a lot in the end. So just wanted to share.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Old 10-21-2016, 07:25 AM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts